Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ecooney’s Garage Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Ecooney’s Garage Build

I thought I’d put a post up of my current garage build in the hope of getting some advice towards the finish line.

The planning started around 5 years ago (as most of you will know) where I was going to be losing my current garage by extending our house to turn it into a bedroom and small sitting room.

At the time I had planned to build an insulated steel shed and be done with it but after seeing what Andy had done it go the juices flowing.

I also work from home (pre-Covid) and always wanted an office away from the house. So I’ve added an office with a window looking into the garage (my wife’s idea - actually she designed the entire thing and let me build it, she’s a keeper) and then another office for her and a toilet and kitchenette to make a brew.

Construction started last year and the plan was to incorporate our smaller separate garage into the build.

I decided to install a flush mounted scissor lift as I’ve always wanted one but didn’t want a 2 post taking up space when not in use.

More pics to follow. The insulated roller door is going in on Friday. My next challenges will be Epoxy resin on the floor, purchasing the lift and deciding how to fit it out correctly.

If I ever get the extra money to actually install the lift it’s open for business and available for any members that need a lift for any reason.
    Last edited by ecooney; 10-09-21 at 22:57.

BMWHaus Guru
    That’s absolutely savage Eamonn

BMWHaus Contributor
    Savage boss!

BMWHaus Guru
    Savage! I've the roof just insulated, taped and jointed in mine. I'll be pouring a new floor in probably two weeks. How did you get the dimensions of the scissor lift? What wiring did you run to it? Do you have drainage in the cutout?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm planning a two post but after seeing yours I'm wondering if a flush scissor lift might make more sense.
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    Savage! I've the roof just insulated, taped and jointed in mine. I'll be pouring a new floor in probably two weeks. How did you get the dimensions of the scissor lift? What wiring did you run to it? Do you have drainage in the cutout?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm planning a two post but after seeing yours I'm wondering if a flush scissor lift might make more sense.
    You can get the dimensions on redmount.ie

At the moment no wires have been run. Just 4” ducting to the corner of the garage and it connects the two pits. They have very specific drawings for how it needs to be built.

I have 2 drains in the pits. They don’t say they are needed but my builder put them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Awesome thanks, I see it now (should have googled first!)

https://www.redmount.ie/in-floor-scissor-lift-flush

Did you pour a pad for the lift first, set the shuttering then pour the floor?
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Yes there’s a pad underneath with steel mesh. Then shuttered out the pits and poured again and then powerfloated.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Also, I’d go for the 7340 as it has a little bit more lifting height.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

You can see the other pad in this photo and the pipe work connecting both pits. When all had cured we broke out the foam insulation to leave 2 nice rectangles at the front of each pit. You can also see the drain tube on the left towards the middle.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Garage door men arrived a week early to install but unfortunately we’re not ready for it as the plaster hasn’t dried and the floor channel isn’t broken out yet.

Will be fitted next week. It’s an industrial insulated door with safety edge and an internal canopy to cover the roll.