Thread: Ecooney’s Garage Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Ecooney’s Garage Build

I thought I’d put a post up of my current garage build in the hope of getting some advice towards the finish line.

The planning started around 5 years ago (as most of you will know) where I was going to be losing my current garage by extending our house to turn it into a bedroom and small sitting room.

At the time I had planned to build an insulated steel shed and be done with it but after seeing what Andy had done it go the juices flowing.

I also work from home (pre-Covid) and always wanted an office away from the house. So I’ve added an office with a window looking into the garage (my wife’s idea - actually she designed the entire thing and let me build it, she’s a keeper) and then another office for her and a toilet and kitchenette to make a brew.

Construction started last year and the plan was to incorporate our smaller separate garage into the build.

I decided to install a flush mounted scissor lift as I’ve always wanted one but didn’t want a 2 post taking up space when not in use.

More pics to follow. The insulated roller door is going in on Friday. My next challenges will be Epoxy resin on the floor, purchasing the lift and deciding how to fit it out correctly.

If I ever get the extra money to actually install the lift it’s open for business and available for any members that need a lift for any reason.
    Last edited by ecooney; 10-09-21 at 23:57.