Thread: TPMS Advice

TPMS Advice

I recently purchased a set of Style 331 for my F11 and I am having trouble with the TPMS. The new wheels don’t have sensors and the sensors fitted to the original wheels are completely ceased up and will not come off. Thought I could live with just ignoring the dash light but it’s beginning to bug me. New sensors are silly money so my question is can the system be turned off with some coding and who could do it for me?

BMWHaus Guru
    From googling it, it looks top be a slight pain in the arse to code out. I'd also have a concern that with the NCT now doing a full OBD scan on cars, that you could be looking at a fail at some stage in the future. I think Pro-Parts up in Coolmine do fitting of new ones - have seen them mention it when fitting wheels - so maybe they sell a new sensor kit thats cheaper than OEM.
    Last edited by kdevitt; 22-10-21 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    From googling it, it looks top be a slight pain in the arse to code out. I'd also have a concern that with the NCT now doing a full OBD scan on cars, that you could be looking at a fail at some stage in the future. I think Pro-Parts up in Coolmine do fitting of new ones - have seen them mention it when fitting wheels - so maybe they sell a new sensor kit thats cheaper than OEM.
    Yeah I was thinking that about the NCT they are probably aware the car should have the system and might look for it when doing the test. I will drop up to Pro-Parts and ask the question. Thanks for the tip

BMWHaus Guru
    There is a crowd in the UK that do sensors that are supposed to be decent

https://tpmswarehouse.co.uk/product-category/bmw/

I was looking at getting them for my winter tyres on the F10, never bothered in the end and just lived with the warning.
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

Spoke to Pro parts today. They were very helpful and certainly cheaper than main dealers but they don’t use OEM sensors and give no guarantee they can successfully pair the new sensors so not sure I will go that route. There are places in the UK which provide sensors that claim to be pre coded but not sure if that’ll work either

BMWHaus Guru
    Try the Tyre Safety Centre up north, I think they do them