Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andream Head Unit

Andream Head Unit

Anyone bought one of these? Any feedback on them? Are they really just all the same units rebranded?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.android-car-dvd.de/colle...tion-head-unit

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    I had one, not a good experience. I bricked it after only a week of use doing a software update, it also damaged the video card on the ccc unit itself. From my short experience of the unit it was only okay, the fit of the unit was poor enough, the sound is feed through the aux connection so the sound quality is the same as plugging aux cable into your phone. You will need to use your phone as a hot-spot for streaming music and using other apps. My idrive controller didn't work with any of the apps hence why I tried to update it. Yes I believe they are all the same manufacturer and just branded differently. Outside of my bad experience would I buy one again, probably not. the only reason I got one was to stream my music through Bluetooth. So now I just bought a cheap Bluetooth adaptor and it's fine.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review, I'll leave it so. Too expensive for the potential pitfalls

Cheers

Dave

I havent used that model but if youre looking for a change to an android unit, I have an Avin Avant 4 in my e46. Iv had it nearly a year now and it has been faultless. I think they do an idrive model. Worth checking them out
    1990 BMW 318iS (e30) - Laser Blue
    2003 BMW M3 (e46) - Titan Silver

I was looking there and they only seem to ship from USA, would be quite expensive with import duties I'd say ( unit +a few add ons would be the guts of $600

Will dig a bit deeper for EU stock if possible

Thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dossie01 View Post
    I was looking there and they only seem to ship from USA, would be quite expensive with import duties I'd say ( unit +a few add ons would be the guts of $600

Will dig a bit deeper for EU stock if possible

Thanks

Dave

Yeah the fees are a bit of a pain. My unit came from Hong Kong but it was definitely worth the cost, although i guess for me I was going from a very very old and outdated sat nav to an android unit
    1990 BMW 318iS (e30) - Laser Blue
    2003 BMW M3 (e46) - Titan Silver

BMWHaus Contributor
    I've got one and had a great experience as have many others on other forums.

I don't see the point of the full Android version as there are too many compromises. I went for the Android Auto/Carplay version which is cheaper and a much better solution. I stuck a review on here:
    http://www.bmwhaus.ie/vbulletin/show...CI-530i-manual

I plan to couple it with one of those new fangled wireless Android Auto adapters (but if you have an iPhone, carplay is wireless).

Can't recommend it enough tbh, insanely cheap way to bring the interface bang up to date.
    E60 LCI 530i | E92 335i - Sold | E39 530i Sport - Sold | E30 318iS - Sold | E39 530d Sport - Sold | E30 318iS - Sold

BMWHaus Guru
    I had one installed in the F31 - they are pieces of shit to be honest. Got the guy to come back and remove it (eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    I had one installed in the F31 - they are pieces of shit to be honest. Got the guy to come back and remove it (eventually).
    Hi, I have one installed in my e60 only a couple of days and I'm finding it pretty shit!! Did the idrive toggle work with yours?? Was it carplay installer that fitted it??

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    I have the CarPlay one on my E60. The previous owner installed it so I don’t know too much about it, but it works perfectly for me. One thing I found is the iDrive controller didn’t actually work with it when I got the car, but there is a setting you can change in the Andream system settings menu that makes it work.