Quote Originally Posted by chippy.curry View Post
Hi, I have one installed in my e60 only a couple of days and I'm finding it pretty shit!! Did the idrive toggle work with yours?? Was it carplay installer that fitted it??

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Was carplayinstaller alright - I had to hold down the source button for 5 seconds I think to get it to switch over. 5 seconds doesn't sound like a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but its an eternity when you just want to drive off. I had way more problems than just that though - the sound quality was appalling, its all routed through the aux port - sounded like complete and utter crap.

Found this post of mine from elsewhere -

Its just not integrated enough - no matter who codes it imo. I had a reversing camera installed at the same time -

Kind of issues I had were -

Reverse lights stayed on as long as the reverse camera was active - it was sending power down into the lights, so even when you'd finished reversing and drove off, the reverse lights were lit up.

Accessing the carplay unit itself is a pain - having to hold down the button every time you get in for it to switch over just took too long

Barely ever connected to the phone - so unless I was doing a long drive, I had no sound - the phone was never picked up on short journeys

Randomly answered calls through carplay - even when I was on the OEM screen - which resulted in silence, and then no radio at all until the car was turned on and off

Take a left turn in the car and all the sound disappeared in the drivers side (imagine this was an installation issue)

Sound went off everytime you put the car in reverse

All these units put the sound through the AUX input - the sound quality was crap. Could not get the bass turned down no matter how it was adjusted.

Reversing radar didn't work at all - and the camera guides might as well have been attached to a different car. Totally useless.