Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andream Head Unit

BMWHaus Guru
    I'm going to get a Mr12Volt when the new version is released:

https://www.mr12volt.com/collections...-interface-dsp

While not a fancy as some of the newer Android units (this keeps the original screen, so lower res) it retains more of the stock look and feel, it gets very good reviews. There were issues with bass on the current models, specifically with L7 installs, thats why I'm waiting for the new unit. It also connects directly into the MOST loop so the audio quality will be as good (if not better) than stock.
    Last edited by Ketron; 21-04-22 at 10:18.
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    I'm going to get a Mr12Volt when the new version is released:

https://www.mr12volt.com/collections...-interface-dsp

While not a fancy as some of the newer Android units (this keeps the original screen, so lower res) it retains more of the stock look and feel, it gets very good reviews. There were issues with bass on the current models, specifically with L7 installs, thats why I'm waiting for the new unit. It also connects directly into the MOST loop so the audio quality will be as good (if not better) than stock.
    Interested to see how you get on with this, I like the way it acts as a separate amp too. I have a simple Bluetooth ad2p dongle for streaming in my E60 but the sound quality suffers as it thinks it playing via headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    That Mr12Volt one does look interesting alright.

I have to say though I didn’t even realise the Andream audio went through the Aux input, the sound quality is great IMO.
    Last edited by CitizenKane; 25-04-22 at 09:00.

I got the Android Auto unit from Carplay Systems a month or so ago, and it does the job. I use it mainly for Google Maps /Spotify and it serves it's purpose.

Idrive works fine, and sound is decent enough for what I use it for.

Biggest pains are Bluetooth call quality is crap,I revert to standard for calls. I did have an issue at the start with the screen zooming in really far, but a software update solved that.

Happy enough for what I need it for anyway.

Dave

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy.curry View Post
    Hi, I have one installed in my e60 only a couple of days and I'm finding it pretty shit!! Did the idrive toggle work with yours?? Was it carplay installer that fitted it??

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Was carplayinstaller alright - I had to hold down the source button for 5 seconds I think to get it to switch over. 5 seconds doesn't sound like a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but its an eternity when you just want to drive off. I had way more problems than just that though - the sound quality was appalling, its all routed through the aux port - sounded like complete and utter crap.

Found this post of mine from elsewhere -

Its just not integrated enough - no matter who codes it imo. I had a reversing camera installed at the same time -

Kind of issues I had were -

Reverse lights stayed on as long as the reverse camera was active - it was sending power down into the lights, so even when you'd finished reversing and drove off, the reverse lights were lit up.

Accessing the carplay unit itself is a pain - having to hold down the button every time you get in for it to switch over just took too long

Barely ever connected to the phone - so unless I was doing a long drive, I had no sound - the phone was never picked up on short journeys

Randomly answered calls through carplay - even when I was on the OEM screen - which resulted in silence, and then no radio at all until the car was turned on and off

Take a left turn in the car and all the sound disappeared in the drivers side (imagine this was an installation issue)

Sound went off everytime you put the car in reverse

All these units put the sound through the AUX input - the sound quality was crap. Could not get the bass turned down no matter how it was adjusted.

Reversing radar didn't work at all - and the camera guides might as well have been attached to a different car. Totally useless.

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    Was carplayinstaller alright - I had to hold down the source button for 5 seconds I think to get it to switch over. 5 seconds doesn't sound like a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but its an eternity when you just want to drive off. I had way more problems than just that though - the sound quality was appalling, its all routed through the aux port - sounded like complete and utter crap.

Its just not integrated enough - no matter who codes it imo. I had a reversing camera installed at the same time -

Reverse lights stayed on as long as the reverse camera was active - it was sending power down into the lights, so even when you'd finished reversing and drove off, the reverse lights were lit up.

Accessing the carplay unit itself is a pain - having to hold down the button every time you get in for it to switch over just took too long

Barely ever connected to the phone - so unless I was doing a long drive, I had no sound - the phone was never picked up on short journeys

Randomly answered calls through carplay - even when I was on the OEM screen - which resulted in silence, and then no radio at all until the car was turned on and off

Take a left turn in the car and all the sound disappeared in the drivers side (imagine this was an installation issue)

All these units put the sound through the AUX input - the sound quality was crap. Could not get the bass turned down no matter how it was adjusted.

Reversing radar didn't work at all - and the camera guides might as well have been attached to a different car. Totally useless.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm have alot of the same issues! I have requested him to take it out and refund! Not an easy man to get hold of!!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy.curry View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm have alot of the same issues! I have requested him to take it out and refund! Not an easy man to get hold of!!

Thats putting it mildly - I paid by paypal and had a claim in, took weeks for him to reappear. I think he's in the US on holidays at the moment though.

BMWHaus Guru

And just for the sake of balance, I confirm I’ve had none of those issues (although I don’t have the reversing camera installed so that might make it more temperamental?).

BMWHaus Guru
    How do you switch over to CarPlay?

BMWHaus Guru
    How do you switch over to CarPlay?
    Just by selecting “USB CarPlay” or “WiFi CarPlay” from the main menu, either via touchscreen or using the iDrive controller, and it takes a couple of seconds to load usually.

Of course there are any number of reasons why our experiences with it are different - installation issues, Andream version, iDrive version, etc. (my car is an E60 so likely different software to yours anyway). As I said the car had this installed when I bought it so I know nothing about it really other than it works well for me, so it’s a pity yourself and others have had issues.
    Last edited by CitizenKane; 27-04-22 at 18:18.