Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Sapphire Metallic E60

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen Platinum Grey! What is she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s a 09 520d business edition with around 80mls. It’s a nice combo with the black carpet and cream beige leather.

BMWHaus Guru
    Lovely interior

BMWHaus Guru

Black Sapphire Metallic E60

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC View Post
    It’s a 09 520d business edition with around 80mls. It’s a nice combo with the black carpet and cream beige leather.

That’s lovely, congrats!
    Were the black carpets an option from factory? I didn’t think you could mix and match the interior - would much prefer it than a cream carpet.

BMWHaus Guru
    That’s Feckin lovely Conor.

Here are options

Regards
    Andy

BMWHaus Contributor
    I’m pretty sure Sapphire Black wasn’t available on the M-Sport unless it was through the Individual program. I could be wrong on that though.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISHD M3 View Post
    I’m pretty sure Sapphire Black wasn’t available on the M-Sport unless it was through the Individual program. I could be wrong on that though.
    Interesting. In fact I'd welcome if that was the case, because maybe then the ones I've seen which I thought were Black Sapphire were actually Carbon Black which means I like Carbon Black better in person than I thought..!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
    Interesting. In fact I'd welcome if that was the case, because maybe then the ones I've seen which I thought were Black Sapphire were actually Carbon Black which means I like Carbon Black better in person than I thought..!
    Carbon black is lovely. Had an E39 M5 and an E60 535d in the colour and they really were nice when clean.

Regards
    Andy

BMWHaus Guru
    So I ended up getting an E60 in Carbon Black. I'm really liking it, but I have to say the colour looks overwhelmingly navy rather than black. Any friends and family who've seen it so far have all commented on it being navy rather than black, so it's not just my imagination!

The paint on this particular car also looks quite flat/dull/tired and not very metallic. It may just need a good waxing and polishing to bring out the proper colour of the paint more. Failing that it may need to be detailed.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with this colour and any suggestions on how to get the paint to looking its best?
    Last edited by CitizenKane; 31-01-22 at 10:46.

I had a F10 530d in Carbon Black. On a dull day it looks almost black alright but when the sun shines it certainly looks like it's metallic navy in colour:

https://postimg.cc/mhWKqKKB

https://postimg.cc/PNM1H8VN

Lovely colour after a wash but definitely high maintenance. Every dried in droplet of rain as well as the most modest of scratches or stone chip will show up on it.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz26 View Post
    I had a F10 530d in Carbon Black. On a dull day it looks almost black alright but when the sun shines it certainly looks like it's metallic navy in colour:

https://postimg.cc/mhWKqKKB

https://postimg.cc/PNM1H8VN

Lovely colour after a wash but definitely high maintenance. Every dried in droplet of rain as well as the most modest of scratches or stone chip will show up on it.
    Those two photos I think illustrate quite well the colour changes depending on the light that I would expect from Carbon Black, looks lovely.