Thread: Healyc’s another latest addition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru
    Still have this which is a surprise to most . Have gotten numerous offers to part ways with it but it’s too good of a car to let go at the moment, especially give the value of cars.

No big changes since the initial posts, still looks great since the detail by NPR. I carried out some maintenance work last week before I took it for a long spin up to Portstewart for the NW200.

Aircon condenser (rad) and refill of gas
    Glow plug relay
    Full gearbox service
    Removed the intake manifold and gave it a good clean.

There was no reason to service the gearbox other than it’s 13 yr old oil inside it so reckoned it was time to do it. Same with the intake manifold, I was pleasantly surprised it was not gummed up too bad inside, the swirl flaps where in perfect shape so it was cleaned and the flaps where left alone.

Next up is the timing chain, again no signs of wear (rattles) but want to do it for piece of mind. Mileage is now 149kms.

Btw I don’t do pics, don’t have time for that sh!te.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HealyC View Post
    Next up is the timing chain, again no signs of wear (rattles) but want to do it for piece of mind. Mileage is now 149kms.

Btw I don’t do pics, don’t have time for that sh!te.

So got it done this week in between jobs. Chain that was in it was fine but was the original type with the older style rails so was swapped out for the newer ones. Also got a rocker cover, chest plate and sump gaskets.