Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healyc’s another latest addition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Healyc’s another latest addition

So in that space of a 1 year I’ve gone through 4 E60s and an E90.

09 CB E60 sport
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

08 SB e60 SE

E90 320d lci

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

09 Imola Red 2 E60

And now the current E60.

2009 Platinum Grey E60 lci Msport Business Edition. When I first got it it was laid up for about 12-18 months and was looking very sorry for itself. Wiper arm broke, tyres flat, filthy dirty and in bad need of a service.

But I seen a gem underneath it all as it was a low mileage car, decent body with a good service history. I carried out all the relevant service work inc getting the wheels refurbed with four brand new Kumhos. And a steering wheel trim.

Then I November I gave it NPR detailing to finish the car off just right. He sealed it with a 6 month Sonax coating, holding up great so far.

I was supposed to be going to a wedding in Mayo tomorrow in it and was looking forward to the long spin but got word today I’m a close contact so that got knocked on the head .

Few bit more tidying up plans such as new wing indicators but nothing too big. I’ll probably do the timing chain in the new year but not showing any signs of wear yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    A fine latest car and in great hands. The CB car I knew for some years before Mr Healy and now with another friend. I used to be bad for changing cars, you have overtaken me I look forward to this one being left at my house

Regards
    Andy

BMWHaus Contributor
    I’d actually buy that!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    I’d actually buy that!
    Don’t tell him that, he’ll be plaguing you!

BMWHaus Guru
    Still have this which is a surprise to most . Have gotten numerous offers to part ways with it but it’s too good of a car to let go at the moment, especially give the value of cars.

No big changes since the initial posts, still looks great since the detail by NPR. I carried out some maintenance work last week before I took it for a long spin up to Portstewart for the NW200.

Aircon condenser (rad) and refill of gas
    Glow plug relay
    Full gearbox service
    Removed the intake manifold and gave it a good clean.

There was no reason to service the gearbox other than it’s 13 yr old oil inside it so reckoned it was time to do it. Same with the intake manifold, I was pleasantly surprised it was not gummed up too bad inside, the swirl flaps where in perfect shape so it was cleaned and the flaps where left alone.

Next up is the timing chain, again no signs of wear (rattles) but want to do it for piece of mind. Mileage is now 149kms.

Btw I don’t do pics, don’t have time for that sh!te.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HealyC View Post
    Next up is the timing chain, again no signs of wear (rattles) but want to do it for piece of mind. Mileage is now 149kms.

Btw I don’t do pics, don’t have time for that sh!te.

So got it done this week in between jobs. Chain that was in it was fine but was the original type with the older style rails so was swapped out for the newer ones. Also got a rocker cover, chest plate and sump gaskets.

BMWHaus Guru
    That explains the queue of customers down the North Strand this evening!

In all seriousness fair play to you, you’ve transformed that car since you got it. If you wanted to sell it there’d be a real queue around the corner.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I love this car, e60's on spiders have aged so well.

BMWHaus Guru
    Just back from a trip around the North west of the island. Car went superb and was delighted to have the AC fixed for the trip .

Not much updates for the car, just gave it a good scrub after the rugrats made sh!t of the inside of it after the trip.

Not too bad of a mpg return after the traveling.

BMWHaus Guru

Still plodding along nicely, NCT passed today. Few very small bits planned for it such as a minor detail with NPR and paint the rear parcel shelf as it’s going a bit purple. Might tie the two in at the same time as you’ve to strip most of the rear interior out to get at the shelf. I’d then get him to give the interior a good deep clean.

Other than that I’ve been toying with fitting a set of Brembo calipers off the F3x 3/4 series range with 535d disks. TOTAL total overkill but looks cool , I’ll either go secondhand if I can get them for a reasonable price (any links to such sets would be welcome) or I can get refurbed units with disks from Autodoc for about 400 for fronts. Only problem is there just painted silver so I’d want to get them painted either the correct blue or maybe the Brembo red.