Thread: Car Tax Petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Car Tax Petition

Thought I'd put this up in case anyone hasn't heard of it. Will it make any difference? Not sure, but can't do any harm

http://www.change.org/petitions/reform-the-grossly-unjust-irish-car-tax-law

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Car Tax Petition

It's a real shame that more road users haven't signed this as its gonna be all of us that will be paying more in years to come.

Can we go block the M50/M1 interchange on the day the schools go back in protest ??

BMWHaus Guru

Us Wexford folk seem to be all on the same page anyway

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wexfordpeople/news/council-slams-tax-rules-for-vehicles-returned-to-use-29423504.html

BMWHaus Guru

Car Tax Petition

Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    It's a real shame that more road users haven't signed this as its gonna be all of us that will be paying more in years to come.

Can we go block the M50/M1 interchange on the day the schools go back in protest ??
    That would be fun!
    Full tank of petrol and the A/C on , ill stay all day!

I think if people were aloud to pay motor tax on a monthly basis it would become more affordable and managable for the majority of households?

Rather than forking out 3 or 6 months worth or even 12 months worth of tax in one swift blow to the wallet?!

Could be an option :huh:
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM

Flask of Coffee and Sambos for everyone :P

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JayM
    I think if people were aloud to pay motor tax on a monthly basis it would become more affordable and managable for the majority of households?

Rather than forking out 3 or 6 months worth or even 12 months worth of tax in one swift blow to the wallet?!

Yep, that would be a much better plan. Another thing I'd like to see is Classic Tax reduced to 20 years from the current 30, like the insurance companies generally run it

I can't believe they've gone live with the SORN-system and don't even have it on-line!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    Quote Originally Posted by JayM

Yep, that would be a much better plan. Another thing I'd like to see is Classic Tax reduced to 20 years from the current 30, like the insurance companies generally run it

I can't believe they've gone live with the SORN-system and don't even have it on-line!
    I was in two garda stations today (I'm a wexford man, don't ask!:P) so I had a wee chat about this both times and they advised me that they have not been made aware that there will be a charge for having the car off the road from the info they have received. They did also say they have been issued very little info on it and I'd be better to google it myself.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    I was in two garda stations today (I'm a wexford man, don't ask!:P) so I had a wee chat about this both times and they advised me that they have not been made aware that there will be a charge for having the car off the road from the info they have received. They did also say they have been issued very little info on it and I'd be better to google it myself.
    I'd be very surprised if there isn't a charge brought in next year for it though. Probably be €25 a go I'd say

Is there stations down here? I've yet to meet a Garda, never mind a squad car or a station - 4 days on hehe Suits me at the minute anyway (in the middle of my 1 finger salute to the Dept. of Environment as far as my discs are concerned).

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ciars

Is there stations down here? I've yet to meet a Garda, never mind a squad car or a station - 4 days on hehe Suits me at the minute anyway (in the middle of my 1 finger salute to the Dept. of Environment as far as my discs are concerned).
    Oh we have them . I was in "taking care" of that issue myself. Painful but sure will look nice next to the new NCT disc in a couple of weeks. Need to get myself an ignorant disc holder now!