Thread: Programing non OEM TPMS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Programing non OEM TPMS

Hey folks

Just stuck a new set of none OEM alloys on the car, bought a set of Hella TPMS. When i try to reset the tire pressure system i get to 49% and then it stops and eventually give an error. Is there something i need to do to program these new sensors to the car? Have been all over google and can't seem to find an answer. Some forums say to just do a reset through i drive, while other are saying i need a tool to program the sensors before resetting? Any advise greatly appreciated as i have an NCT due next week and really need to get this sorted ASAP

BMWHaus Guru
    Had this issue before on customers cars before fitting spurious sensors and always ended up getting genuine sensors to cure the problem. Was the tpms acting up before the new wheels were fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done a bit more research on this, pretty sure if i had the time to spare i could probably get them coded to the car, but NCT is due next Thursday and I'm working nights till then so no time to sort it out. Going to have to bite the bullet and buy different ones from Pro Parts in Coolmine who reckon they can fit and code them. Money down the drain unfortunately with the ones i bought on line ah well live and learn