Thread: E70 x5 advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E70 x5 advice

Just considering getting into one of these, thinking 2010 to 2013 ish, suits my budget. 3.0d, msport, crewcab if I can find the right one.

Is there any better year/era to go for? Have heard a few bad things about the more early 07/08 models

Has anybody got any real world experience of them specifically regarding reliability and everyday running issues? Am well aware of mpg and so on but increased my commute so would like more comfort and utility than my high mileage golf van currently offers

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    JohnH had one before and I think might have another for sale.

I've had a few E70's Msport's and currently have an F15 hybrid, but there was a facelift sometime towards the end of 2010 which apart from the upgraded bumpers and newer lights, the 3.0d increased to approx. 245hp and they came with the 8-speed auto box and the two combined were a big step over the non-facelifted ones.
    Also the rear airbags in the suspension generally need to be changed every 75k miles.
    I really enjoyed driving the E70's, good luck with them.

BMWHaus Guru

E70 x5 advice

At this stage the oldest ones are 16 years old and the newest are 10 years old so the bad ones of all vintages will probably be dead by now!

I’d buy the best one for the budget, I’d rather a well looked after early one than a rough late one, mainly because a bad one can go through cash like a stag party in a strip club.

There’s a guy who advertises on DD who can crew cab jeeps, Mogan Maher so he might be worth having a chat with if you buy one that’s currently on private tax.
    Last edited by JohnH; 18-01-23 at 14:50.

BMWHaus Guru
    Also to consider on the 10-13 models is to make sure the timing chain has been done as it’ll be more than likely the newer N57 engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk