Thread: Wanted: E46 m3 mss54hp ecu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Wanted: E46 m3 mss54hp ecu

I'm finally after ordering a carbon airbox for my M3. As my car is a 2002 it has the earlier ECU and I don't really want to modify it in order to take the CSL tune. so I'm on the look out for a MSS54HP ECU.

Probably a bit of a long shot, but I said I'd ask on here to see if anyone might have one lying around they might be willing to sell or maybe know the best place to pick one up. TIA

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Did you go with Karbonius?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Contributor
    No, I went with Haimus Racings new V3 shadowline one, I know their earlier streamline ones didn't have the best rep but they seemed to have learned from their mistakes.

https://haimusracing.com/products/e4...41145418383524

To be fair Karbonius are probably the best, but I'm not a fan of their carbon fibre snorkel, I prefer the black snorkel on the Haimus racing one, I think it looks more OE. Not to mention the Karbonius snorkel is nearly €700.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanmcgrath40 View Post
    No, I went with Haimus Racings new V3 shadowline one, I know their earlier streamline ones didn't have the best rep but they seemed to have learned from their mistakes.

https://haimusracing.com/products/e4...41145418383524

To be fair Karbonius are probably the best, but I'm not a fan of their carbon fibre snorkel, I prefer the black snorkel on the Haimus racing one, I think it looks more OE. Not to mention the Karbonius snorkel is nearly €700.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it once fitted, the airbox is on my to do list.

Mine is currently down with Classicworx's getting an overhaul so airbox will be waiting until next year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Contributor
    I know, I probably should have done the same as you. The price of an airbox would go a long way towards some preventive maintenance. I'll probably get the vanos done next year and there's only about 60k on the current bearings so I'm not to overly concerned, but I will get them done at some point.

What work are you getting done to yours?