Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift Voucher Purchase Option on Detailing Shed Website

BMWHaus Guru

Gift Voucher Purchase Option on Detailing Shed Website

Hi Chris, Dave,

Is there any chance in the coming weeks that you can add a Gift Voucher Purchase Option on the Website?

Some people are asking me what I would like for Christmas and I would like to get able to say they can get me a gift voucher for detailing shed.

Not sure whats involved but would be great to have that option.

Cheers,
    Eddie

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Gift Voucher Purchase Option on Detailing Shed Website

Good idea. I'd say the lads would "clean up" with these if available!

I'll get me coat......:P

BMWHaus Guru

Will try get something up Eddie

@Curran

Administrator

Will look into it for you!!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    Will try get something up Eddie

@Curran
    Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    Will look into it for you!!
    Thanks lads, just in terms of what will be required based on the people I might ask to order.

You will either need to be able to provide:

- a physical voucher via post with some sort of "number/ID" for detailing sheds own reference or alternatively provide something via email that the user can print out.
    - amount
    - validity period for use
    - T&Cs
    - Optional could be including the name of the person it is for, etc...

Site is looking great btw...

Administrator

Thanks Eddie!
    Its a bit of a difficult one...initially I had thought about setting up a "downloadable product", so the user pays for the file, and prints it off themselves. Not going to work as I'd need to add a voucher code, it would have to be the same voucher code, and then there's nothing stopping repeated usage without actually having been paid for.
    Then I thought, set the downloadable file to have the instructions of what will happen in it....I would then set up a unique voucher code and email it to them, and they could print it off themselves...but then that looks a bit shite when handing over the voucher to a person on their birthday or Christmas.

Thinking the only way to do it properly is to physically post vouchers to the purchaser. I would hand write in the voucher value, and code to be used when making a purchase on the site and leave a space for the buyer to enter the receiver's name themselves.

Needs a bit more thought as how best to do it....hmmm!!

BMWHaus Guru

I think the main thing from your perspective is to keep it simple but yet professional, and have a way to track what vouchers are issued/used versus not.

It probably won't be an issue for me but you also need to think about what if the voucher recipient wants to use it to buy from the site, will they be able to enter their code and get the value off their order? Not sure if your website can do this or not, or if one of the T&Cs will need to be purchase in person or contact via email before purchase or something like that? You probably do want to keep it simple initially to see what the uptake is like before investing on the technology side to support it, if required.

I mean you could just keep a spreadsheet to track vouchers issued and used, not pretty but should work.

You may also want to only allow certain amounts to make it worthwhile on your side e.g. €25 & €50?

Can I take it something will be in place in the coming weeks or?

Administrator

You've hit the nail on the head there Eddie!

There is no tech in place to auto generate vouchers, but I can generate unique voucher codes that can be set to only be claimed once...so the site looks after the tracking in that sense!

It's looking like the easiest thing to do is to manually generate a unique code, write that on the Gift Voucher in person, and then post them out. T&C would be to use the G.V on the website. But sure we know you, so you can collect the products...and we'll de-activate your voucher code once you do! :P

Leave it with me for another day or two, as I think Id like to get prices on printing of the G.V's before definitely saying that they will be in place!

BMWHaus Guru

I think you could also add an option of do they want the voucher emailed or posted, might make life a little easier.

Also you mentioned voucher would need to be used on the site, what about putting towards a detail, will that be allowed?

Administrator

It would be a bit awkward, but we could make it work!

Still waiting for a reply about getting vouchers printed - should be a runner though!