Thread: New 2 Series Launch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: New 2 Series Launch

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB

Its the same number of models its just made more simple to tell them apart for stupid people.
    More like badge virtually identical cars as being different to get stupid people to part with extra cash!

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB

Its the same number of models its just made more simple to tell them apart for stupid people.

I'm sure having a 3 Series that had 4 seats, or 4 doors or a big boot or no roof confused many.........
    They need to rethink the variant naming i.e. 328i and the likes just ain't 328's as we used to know them

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt

More like badge virtually identical cars as being different to get stupid people to part with extra cash!
    I'm sad to say I'm in agreement.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    What I meant by my comment is that the models already exist, except now they are being given their own model number such as the 1 Series coupe becoming the new 2 Series.

I dont see how you can say they are identical cars. They may well share the same floor pans and mechanicals but how they are used by the customer and what they can do for the end user is completely different.

For example, the uses of a coupe compared to a hatch back are worlds apart.

And technically, they are just applying the terminology of other models across the entire range as a 6 series has always been a 5 series coupe (Similar floor pan, mechanicals etc etc) so it makes perfect sense I'm sure to a German marketing Guru that all the models should reflect this.