wasnt going to speek about this, but desided to warn others..
me and archizlv,went to galway, to get m54b30 engine. engine was still in the car. it was 530i auto 2001y
visually engine looked just fine and correct engine.
people who sold it to me was from same country than us, and normal chaps.
we started our jurney at 6am, was there at 11am. engine was taken out from the car in 2 hours, gearbox was off and engine loaded in my car to go home. got back home at around 8pm
started to study the engine and feck meee :s seen the code 25 s xxx on engine block.
straight away puled out spark plug and checked the stroke, 74mm:@ i was fisically sick to find that out.
someone done a good job on downgrading the engine. it was m54b30 head, intak, outlet etc, but the block was feckin m52b25tu:@:@
im discusted with my self no so much for lost time and money, but for not checking the stroke lengt right away i arrived there. and not checking enough around the block, to see the code. actually block was only thing i didnt checked. i would never expect to see downgraded car. especially if owner still was paying tax for 530i but actually driving arround with 523i.
just be aware when buying something, better check and make sure u dont get no smaller engine, as the actuall engine could be pritty expensive in other countrys and may be swaped before sale without u even noticing...
ps, if anybody has any info about any m54b30 engines for sale let me know please. thanks