Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Quiet Months" Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

The "Quiet Months" Thread

Traditionally with the 3 days sun shine, aka summer, out of the way all things motoring and especially online take a lull.

So as the winter is drawing in, with the lack of sunshine kicking your seasonal affective disorder up a gear, the rain continues to fall sideways, your eyelid now keeps doing that annoying twitchy thing that it does and you wonder if the Mrs will stop asking you to "fix this, "do that" or "get off me". You blank it out and think of glories past: buffing her (the car ) in the sun, taking attention to every little detail, looking forward to tackling that bit of DIY and hiding in the shed, going for spins together not really caring to where but just for the fun of it and being together!

This is the thread for you!

So friends what are your plans for the winter months?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: The "Quiet Months" Thread

Did plan to get a project for the winter but unfortunately money isn't there, saving for a house ruins all the fun!

Might try clean up the inside of the e36, seats out job etc over a few days and few small tidy up jobs.

Should be fitting my roof to the convertible the weekend.
    Almost have my interior complete (Black Leather with Vaders), Just need to buy rear quarter-cards and then a center arm rest.
    Then start on mechanicals (Last taxed in '07 :shy: )

Ohhh and converting a lean-to to a 5 car garage to store my toys!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Traditionally with the 3 days sun shine, aka summer, out of the way all things motoring and especially online take a lull.

So as the winter is drawing in, with the lack of sunshine kicking your seasonal affective disorder up a gear, the rain continues to fall sideways, your eyelid now keeps doing that annoying twitchy thing that it does and you wonder if the Mrs will stop asking you to "fix this, "do that" or "get off me". You blank it out and think of glories past: buffing her (the car ) in the sun, taking attention to every little detail, looking forward to tackling that bit of DIY and hiding in the shed, going for spins together not really caring to where but just for the fun of it and being together!

An I thought it was just me who thought like.that I.started the count down to summer already although what's the subtle fix for the missus, I know we all have hammers and plenty of gags ehh cleaning cloths in.the Shed
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom

An I thought it was just me who thought like.that I.started the count down to summer already although what's the subtle fix for the missus, I know we all have hammers and plenty of gags ehh cleaning cloths in.the Shed

BMWHaus Contributor

no car plans for the winter only drive the e46 when im not busy, a new 3 car garage is next in line for the e30 and e46 away from the usual garage stuff that's around them at the moment, the brother bought a rs4 so I could mind that for him in the third space:idea:

Re: The "Quiet Months" Thread

Put the keys down grab a beer pop off the shoes and relax ,I love the long nights

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Put the keys down grab a beer pop off the shoes and relax ,I love the long nights
    So do I Gar, until your missus arrives in saying the radio is stuck on tel-mute and you end up spending your evening in a fogged up car (it's pissing out) folded over backwards and around the gearstick under the dash, with a faceful of dash trim pieces and an arm full of 'tight space' arm & finger slices...

Wouldn't change it for the world, especially when you fix it

Re: The "Quiet Months" Thread

There is an upside to that ciars , no pesky neighbours over annoying you

"Your not working on it again" or my favourite " your going to wash the paint off that" I wash the car about every 6 weeks!! Far from excessive wish they'd just fu#k off

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    There is an upside to that ciars , no pesky neighbours over annoying you

"Your not working on it again" or my favourite " your going to wash the paint off that" I wash the car about every 6 weeks!! Far from excessive wish they'd just fu#k off
    What's with that @[Gar]? Same old always stroll on down and start talking complete bollox...ehh hello, cant you see I'm snow foaming, or worse, I'm about to rinse the car off..usually have to re-wash it

Ill be kept busy over the winter months with this
    http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=1145