Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New M3 Spotted

BMWHaus Guru

New M3 Spotted

Presume this will be getting released before the M4?: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/scoop/new-bmw-m3-%E2%80%93-latest-pics

Interesting that it seems to have its own code now too - F80

Administrator

RE: New M3 Spotted

That's a fairly Individual paint job!! :dodgy:

I'll get my coat :P

BMWHaus Guru

It's got a tough job ahead of itself even with a proper paintjob Dave! Lot of love for the E90 M3 saloon out there

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Here is a video i took around Niurburgring on May with M4 being tested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66MHyv-UfNk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUJ-wUbHKYJ_900TjCPfRMiQ

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    Presume this will be getting released before the M4?: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/scoop/new-bmw-m3-%E2%80%93-latest-pics

Those rear arches look beefy!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Leins

Those rear arches look beefy!
    To get that much power from a 3ltr twin turbo must mean its basically a totally new engine....I think the M3 old guard will have a few philosophical issues with the steering, transmission and induction.....

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Moe
    To get that much power from a 3ltr twin turbo must mean its basically a totally new engine....I think the M3 old guard will have a few philosophical issues with the steering, transmission and induction.....
    Theres many N54 and N55's running about with nearly 400hp from just a remap so I'm sure 450 is easily available with just a change of internals,cams and turbo's etc - standard ///M tuning.

I'm nearly sure the current M5 engine (S63) has its roots in the standard N63 so I'd say the new M3 engine will be the same.

The S86 and S65 were oddballs in that they didnt have any commonality with the engines in the standard cars.

Looks like they put proper front brakes on an M3 for the first time

The new cars are really going to be full Msport spec cars with handling , power and brake upgrades as they are going to be using a production engine and thats what actually made M cars special

Start buying up your S54 and S65 Engines as the likes of them will probably never be seen again

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Porscheman
    Looks like they put proper front brakes on an M3 for the first time

The new cars are really going to be full Msport spec cars with handling , power and brake upgrades as they are going to be using a production engine and thats what actually made M cars special

Start buying up your S54 and S65 Engines as the likes of them will probably never be seen again
    Engines in M cars have always been based on the standard road car engines.

The S65 and S85 were freaks that bucked the trend.

And BTW the S54 was based on the M54.

There S62 , S14 , S54 , S50 , S65 etc are proper motorsport engines with forged internals and nothing like STD production engines , They are full race engines built by the Motorsport division