Thread: Sking holiday anyone go?

BMWHaus Guru

Sking holiday anyone go?

Thinking of going on a package ski holiday this spring. Leaning towards Austria. More wanting to do quality sking than boozing but beer is important too. Never been on a ski holiday before advice welcome and wanted! Absolute rookie

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Sking holiday anyone go?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Thinking of going on a package ski holiday this spring. Leaning towards Austria. More wanting to do quality sking than boozing but beer is important too. Never been on a ski holiday before advice welcome and wanted! Absolute rookie

I can't speak for Austria but Méribel is class.

Went Skiing in Dubai, got kicked out for allegedly using bad language....can't help much sorry :tounge:

BMWHaus Guru

Sking holiday anyone go?

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    Went Skiing in Dubai, got kicked out for allegedly using bad language....can't help much sorry :tounge:
    Ha fuck that indoor sking shite.
    I've been to France loads (never skiing) not sure why I'm attracted to Austria suppose just cos I've never been there. My budget is probably 1000€ to include passes and equipment etc. suppose that is a realistic amount??

[hr]
    Censorship on casual curses on an Irish forum?

Love skiing, only started 6 or 7 years ago and really regret not doing it sooner.

I personally prefer France, but if you've never been before and aren't masively into drinking, then as long as the ground is white you will be happy!

A package is the way to go if you have never been before, have a look at the ski+ offers that Crystal do

http://www.crystalski.ie/ski-packages/?icid=cskiiehpb-ski-plus-250413

You will need to add lessons and boot hire on top of their price as I don't think they are included, but also have a look at the brochures as some resorts do beginner packages which include equipment hire, lift passes and lessons at a reduced rate.

I've only been to Austria once (St Anton) and found it really good, but other resorts would be better for beginner skiing if you aren't too concerned about partying.

If you are anywhere near Dublin it would be worth going to Kilternan or the ski centre for a few lessons. It can be boring as hell in the absolute beginner group, so if you can get up a level it is more fun!

BMWHaus Contributor

Sking holiday anyone go?

I've been snow boarding for 10 plus years now and never get tired of it have been to most resorts in Austria, France, Italy, Andorra etc.
    As said above the as long as there is snow you'll have a good time especially if its your 1st time.
    For a beginner I'd recommend Austria it's a short transfer to any of the resorts from the airport.
    Try zell am see and if you feel adventurous during the week you can take a bus or taxi to the glacier in kaprun. Many years ago we done that in search of some off piste which resulted in a lift in the police helicopter!
    There is also a good bar in zell am see diele bar I think it's called. après ski is good and the ladies from the surrounding mountain side come down to it most evenings. Which is rare because skiing holidays are generally a sausage fest!
    My favourite would be meribel this January will be my 3rd year in a row to head there. Its huge but it's very expensive to eat and drink.
    At a budget of 1k you will definitely get something decent.

BMWHaus Guru

Sking holiday anyone go?

Great answers lads thanks a lot. Was thinking alright would be a bit of a sausage fest lol. A lot of people recommend méribel must look into it.
    I've mainly been looking at crystalski.ie and the pricing is kinda misleading/confusing any other tour operators to recommend?