Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GLS issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Question GLS issues

Lads does anyone know if this company have a depot in Waterford?

Having issues getting something delivered to me, website states they have two places. Over the phone they state they don't have anywhere in Waterford. So my parts were attempted to be delivered. Got the note through the letter box. Called them and they stated the package was in Carlow? They were to deliver to my work and call me today and didn't do either and now my parts are in Wicklow according to their site.

Working all day so too late to call them now.

Anyone have issues with them before?

Thanks,

Dave

RE: GLS issues

Yes..... There completely useless!!
    They never deliver to my door, Always end up ringing saying they can't find my address and wanting to drop into a garage/petrol station for me to collect... (About 20 mins away!)

I use DPD now and they just arrive outside without even ringing for directions.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Lads does anyone know if this company have a depot in Waterford?

Having issues getting something delivered to me, website states they have two places. Over the phone they state they don't have anywhere in Waterford. So my parts were attempted to be delivered. Got the note through the letter box. Called them and they stated the package was in Carlow? They were to deliver to my work and call me today and didn't do either and now my parts are in Wicklow according to their site.

Working all day so too late to call them now.

Anyone have issues with them before?

Thanks,

Dave
    usually I have issues with fastway,like booked a package to be collected Monday and they didn't come, 2 vans arrive Tuesday for same package after parcel2go rebooked it for me on Monday evening,this is typical but they are cheapest and Im friends with local fastway driver,did you book them through parcel2go?if so they are on facebook and very helpgful.worth a try,cant remember if they finish at 8 or 9.

BMWHaus Contributor

I had a delivery earlier in the year by GLS. I checked the tracking and said it was delivered. When I got home there was no sign of the parcel.
    I rang the depot and they gave me the drivers number. There was no one at the house so he signed it as delivered, took the parcel away with him meaning to deliver it later and the forgot to do so

GLS are by far the worst courier the world has ever known, I have never had a delivery go right with them!

BMWHaus Contributor

GLS are hopeless bastards. Today 3 of 4 wheels were delivered to my house (I wasn't home, someone else signed for them). I'm hoping the 4th is in the country. When asked "why are there only 3 wheels?" the response was a shrug with the docket pushed in her face for signing.
    At least they rang the doorbell this time. Usually they dump the package on the doorstep or fling it over the side gate.

I use gls everyday in work 10 to 30 parcels 5 days a week and never have any issues.
    And tracking is very accurate.
    But maybe the commercial side is handled differently than delivering to someones house.

BMWHaus Contributor

We have just moved from DPD to GLS at work against whis I protested after having alot of issues with them delivering to me a few years back.

I will just have to wait and see if the have got their act together.

BMWHaus Guru

Well balls.

I guess I'll have to ring them again.

BMWHaus Guru

GLS issues

They are all useless. Fastway is best IMO. Usually I just get calls from DPD saying I'm too rural and they won't be out for a week. I use GLS when I send items I've sold on eBay never any issues ever and they are cheap/accessable. Probably used them to send stuff about 50x not one issue. Have had issues with every other courier. Target were great back in the day as I had contacts.

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210