Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which interior trim cleaner in larger quantities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Which interior trim cleaner in larger quantities

I'm sick of buying small bottles of interior cleaner for the dash and plastics for 10 and 15 quid. What stuff do ye all use in 5 litre or larger quantities?

I did like the Meguiars natural shine but it's just too dear and doesn't last long enough I think. Any input lads?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Which interior trim cleaner in larger quantities

Buy some APC and some basic microfibers, detailing brush and that be that!

Cheapest way to clean interior plastics:

Tesco APC - 1.09
    Toothbrush USED - FREE
    Tesco Microfiber cheap - 1.09

Simples

If you want to get a decent couple of bits that will last longer:

APC http://www.detailingshed.com/pre-wash-washing/93-chemical-guys-green-clean.html
    Detailing Brush http://www.detailingshed.com/accessories/125-envy-detailing-brushes.html
    Microfibers http://www.detailingshed.com/drying-towels/202-microfiber-madness-slogger.html

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks Chris! I'm more wondering what do people buy by the gallon. Nice scent and all that carry on.

Never thought of buying stuff in tesco though!!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
    Thanks Chris! I'm more wondering what do people buy by the gallon. Nice scent and all that carry on.

Most apc's don't smell great but Tesco one is not bad. I use to use it before DS started up, they are weak enough but do the job for the price. They also sell a purple one think it smells like Lavender.

As for large quantities, G101 can be got in 5ltrs as can SurfexHD and Autoglym do a 5ltr APC too. These will all smell like cleaners thou :huh:

If your looking more for a interior dressing that smells great then Poorboys Natural Look is nice, kinda like bubblegum. Its water based so keep the windows closed when it rains or you will get water type spots

I prefer to have the plastics matt finish, as new, so use Aerospace303 or else Gtechniq.

Anything else just ask.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish

Most apc's don't smell great but Tesco one is not bad. I use to use it before DS started up, they are weak enough but do the job for the price. They also sell a purple one think it smells like Lavender.

As for large quantities, G101 can be got in 5ltrs as can SurfexHD and Autoglym do a 5ltr APC too. These will all smell like cleaners thou :huh:

If your looking more for a interior dressing that smells great then Poorboys Natural Look is nice, kinda like bubblegum. Its water based so keep the windows closed when it rains or you will get water type spots

I prefer to have the plastics matt finish, as new, so use Aerospace303 or else Gtechniq.

Anything else just ask.
    I had g101 before and I thought it smelt like taxi so that's out ha! Do ye do the last two in 5 ltr? Budget of about 40 bucks!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish

Anything else just ask.
    I had g101 before and I thought it smelt like taxi so that's out ha! Do ye do the last two in 5 ltr? Budget of about 40 bucks!
    Yeah im not a G101 fan, its too strong and smells too acidic. SurfexHD can be got for you in 5ltr we just have 1 ltr in stock and think its nearly all gone, its a degreaser but can be used on interior at a dilution of over 100:1 its a super product and can be used for many other jobs like door shuts, engine bays (my go to for both) It doesn't smell great but is water based so much safer then G101 and most other APC's

But I think you should maybe get some California Scents for smell factor, they are great! Maybe you be happy with the matt clean finish on the interior, imo its the best rather then that horrible shiney look...

Administrator

Are you looking for a cleaner or a dressing?

BMWHaus Contributor

A bit of both maybe? I never really distinguished between the two.

BMWHaus Contributor

Concept Hylite. 5ltr is about 25 euro and it works everywhere. Tyres, exterior plastics, interior plastics the works...

Smells ok as far as dressings go.

Administrator

For interior cleaning, as Chris says, cheap and cheerful APC watered down. Get all surfaces clean. After that, if you arent happy with the finish, which Id be suprised about as a totally clean surface usually looks best, then consider what you want.
    If its just the smell you like; buy an air freshener!