Thread: Faded headlights

Faded headlights

Hi all...I'm new to here...looking forward to it...I've a 1999 520i which has been off the road for 18 months due to IMF/ECB/FF and 2 kids in college...but it's motoring again after some €injections...but my headlight lenses are faded yellow and useless at night..I've located 2nd hand lenses cheap...are they an east fit? Thanks in advance Con:wink:

Administrator

RE: Faded headlights

Have you tired to polish them?

A quick way Ive seen people do them is to use toothpaste on them, but for a more permanent solution, a good polish will restore quite a bit of clarity!

prefacleift lenses just clip off as far as i know whip the headlight out and have a look

3M headlight restoration kits seem to do an excellent job, well worth a try.

BMWHaus Guru

Faded headlights

Toothpaste works a treat and finish with a really fine abrasive like silvo wadding or jewelry cleaner. Worth looking online as there are some call out services in most cities charging €30 for a professional polish/restoration.

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210

Autosol metal polish also works on them, a bit of elbow grease also helps

Thanks for all the replies ...restores my faith, as I had joined a few other forums(Uk/Usa) and got zilch...anyhow..I went to Ballinasloe today to collect a set of front and rear lenses, and indicator lenses, that I came across on adverts.ie...€25 euro the lot...the fronts are spotless so the next dry day I'll have a look at changing em. No harm to have the rears also. I'll try cleaning the old ones, with the toothpaste, after replacing em...just for pig iron! Thanks again....Up the Banner!