Thread: E39 €500 budget 523 525

BMWHaus Contributor

E39 €500 budget 523 525

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar

If you're gonna do it, find an 850, the proper t5.
    Theres only one on donedeal under a 1k was going to post it but it hasnt been driven since 2006
    I didn't realise they were so scarce.
    Very rare on the road now been a long time since iv even seen a t5 in the flesh
    Not really surprised, very expensive car to own. Volvo parts were shockingly expensive for the thing, over a grand to get the timing belt done, 22mpg long term, 27 on a run.

Loved it though, sorry I ever sold it, everyone wondered why a 21 year old was driving that old mans car

This is a pic of the first one, its the only pic I have of the car and I don't have any photos left of the R. It was a 1996 850 T5 CD manual, I bought it when I was 19 for £1300 on ebay, picked it up in liverpool from a dodgy middle eastern gent with 120k on the clock, bought the volans and put up 30k hassle free miles. It was a silly spec thing too, electric heated memory seats, full trip computer, cruise control and an epic sound system. I was the only one who loved that thing
    Think my dad had a silver '88 one of these? Christy Moores brothers car was its claim to fame!!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E39 €500 budget 523 525

Quote Originally Posted by GerH

Theres only one on donedeal under a 1k was going to post it but it hasnt been driven since 2006
    Not really surprised, very expensive car to own. Volvo parts were shockingly expensive for the thing, over a grand to get the timing belt done, 22mpg long term, 27 on a run.

Loved it though, sorry I ever sold it, everyone wondered why a 21 year old was driving that old mans car

This is a pic of the first one, its the only pic I have of the car and I don't have any photos left of the R. It was a 1996 850 T5 CD manual, I bought it when I was 19 for £1300 on ebay, picked it up in liverpool from a dodgy middle eastern gent with 120k on the clock, bought the volans and put up 30k hassle free miles. It was a silly spec thing too, electric heated memory seats, full trip computer, cruise control and an epic sound system. I was the only one who loved that thing
    Think my dad had a silver '88 one of these? Christy Moores brothers car was its claim to fame!!
    Don't think so, the 850 came out in 1991.

BMWHaus Contributor

E39 €500 budget 523 525

Oops! Was the spit of the 850 though!

BMWHaus Guru

Oops! Was the spit of the 850 though!
    No it wasn't

Because they were all hot wired and driven to death in the mid 90s around the inner city. The amount of them I seen burnt out then was a crying shame :crying: serious sleeper car of its time.

Re: E39 €500 budget 523 525

Attached Images Attached Images