Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M3 Insurance

BMWHaus Contributor

M3 Insurance

Anybody recommend anybody to use??

I'm getting quotes of around 900Euro on a 99 M3, the Porsche is around 500Euro but thats using my No Claims Bonus, which I cant use on the BMW as you can only use it on one car.....so il be applying fo insurance on the M3 with NO NCB. I have no convictions or penalty points ect, im 29.

Is there anyway to mirror the bonus with anybody?? Or has anybody got any suggestions??

I will be planning on taking the Porsche of the road for a few months, but dont fancy not having a No Cliams Bonus to apply when insuring it.

RE: M3 Insurance

If your a named driver on another policy you can used that as experience, or some company's can mirror your no claims.

BMWHaus Contributor

Try First Ireland Marc, 27 1 years NCB I'm paying €1000 Fully comp, not saying it cheap but just to give you an idea of what I'm paying.

BMWHaus Contributor

M3 Insurance

If she's 15 years old or older first ireland will insure her as a classic. Limited mileage policy stands me €320 for E30 M3 and E36 M3. They have also never asked me the mileage!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ginoc
    also never asked me the mileage!
    Sometimes ireland is not a bad place to be:happy:

BMWHaus Guru

As said First Ireland if its 15 years old you will get classic insurance im paying 250 ish on the iS and to add the touring onto it was only 52euro when I had it

I rang about a MKII Golf GTi and they wouldn't touch it as it a "performance" car but will do m3's etc....weird...

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    As said First Ireland if its 15 years old you will get classic insurance im paying 250 ish on the iS and to add the touring onto it was only 52euro when I had it

I rang about a MKII Golf GTi and they wouldn't touch it as it a "performance" car but will do m3's etc....weird...
    Mind me asking what the mileage is limited to on that Chris?

BMWHaus Contributor

Unfortunately its a 1999, So wont be 15 years old until after Christmas or sometime next year if there being precise.

Ringing a few brokers now, im with First Ireland (or used them) for my current policy and in fairness im delighted with the quote renewal on the Porsche, just not so happy with the M3 quote.

If she's 15 years old or older first ireland will insure her as a classic. Limited mileage policy stands me €320 for E30 M3 and E36 M3. They have also never asked me the mileage!
    What??:surprised:

Didn't know this was possible:happy:

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    What??:surprised:

Didn't know this was possible:happy:
    Yeah but i' sure the individual in question has a factor to play also.