Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M3 Insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: M3 Insurance

As said First Ireland if its 15 years old you will get classic insurance im paying 250 ish on the iS and to add the touring onto it was only 52euro when I had it

I rang about a MKII Golf GTi and they wouldn't touch it as it a "performance" car but will do m3's etc....weird...

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    As said First Ireland if its 15 years old you will get classic insurance im paying 250 ish on the iS and to add the touring onto it was only 52euro when I had it

I rang about a MKII Golf GTi and they wouldn't touch it as it a "performance" car but will do m3's etc....weird...
    Mind me asking what the mileage is limited to on that Chris?

BMWHaus Contributor

Unfortunately its a 1999, So wont be 15 years old until after Christmas or sometime next year if there being precise.

Ringing a few brokers now, im with First Ireland (or used them) for my current policy and in fairness im delighted with the quote renewal on the Porsche, just not so happy with the M3 quote.

BMWHaus Contributor

M3 Insurance

I wouldn't say they be too fussy with exact dates. They'd probably even cover you for the 6 odd weeks until the new year and change over to a classic.
    Any dealings with chopping and changing policies they've been accommodating. It's worth a try

BMWHaus Contributor

I recently used Arachas.ie brokers. I had been with First Ireland previously but their renewals are getting worse and worse. They could do nothing for me at all. despite no points full no claims and being over 30. Just didnt feel their M3 offering was remotely good. They were beaten by several direct insurers and then arachas came in the best so that is who i am with presently.

Allianz is the insurer.

BMWHaus Guru

AXA might be worth a try Marc. Don't think they'll do it as a classic (20+ usually) but they might mirror across if you're taking the Fast Beetle off the road for a while? This is how I do it with the CSL & Golf, although to be fair the latter is no M3!

BMWHaus Contributor

Ok thanks for the replies,
    the classic insurance route worked and First Ireland got onto AIG who agred to do classic car cover once i provide proof off membership to a car club, that wont be a problem.

Quote went from over 900Euro to 415Euro, saving off over 500. Result.

Both cars insured in my own name, two seperate policies, for under 1000Euro.

Thanks again,

great work.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish

Mind me asking what the mileage is limited to on that Chris?
    the first car is 2k but you can up it to as much as 10k if needs be, if you insure a second car as classic 2k is the max allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    Quote Originally Posted by ginoc
    If she's 15 years old or older first ireland will insure her as a classic. Limited mileage policy stands me €320 for E30 M3 and E36 M3. They have also never asked me the mileage!
    What??:surprised:

Didn't know this was possible:happy:
    you need another policy first Ger, it needs to be a second car as such. Buy a 100euro 1.0 car and insure it then hit these up for classic

Quote Originally Posted by Remote
    Ok thanks for the replies,
    the classic insurance route worked and First Ireland got onto AIG who agred to do classic car cover once i provide proof off membership to a car club, that wont be a problem.

Quote went from over 900Euro to 415Euro, saving off over 500. Result.

Both cars insured in my own name, two seperate policies, for under 1000Euro.

Thanks again,

great work.
    Happy days!!

BMWHaus Guru

Good stuff, glad you got it sorted!

As previously said in this thread, one thing that Ireland is OK for on the whole is car insurance. Takes a bit of haggling sometimes but you can usually get there as long as you don't expect complete miracles

It's something that's a frickin nightmare in the UK IME

My insurance is due very soon also. What do I need to have for classic insurance?