Thread: CD Kaput?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CD Kaput?

Hi all with my '99 520i back in action I'm limited to the radio and tapes only as my CD shows CD-00 when I select mode on the panel. The magazine won't eject from it's holder in the boot no matter how gently I try...any suggestions? Can't be listening to the news all the time!!:crying:

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: CD Kaput?

IPod plus fm transmitter would be a temp fix or even an aux cable if u have an iPod

RE: CD Kaput?

Magazine tray stuck. Take the changer out, open it up. Push the cd tray back in side the magazine. Power it up and eject the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by mcung13
    Magazine tray stuck. Take the changer out, open it up. Push the cd tray back in side the magazine. Power it up and eject the magazine.
    When you say take the changer out...I'm all mechanical thumbs!..you mean take the whole lot out?

Quote Originally Posted by Con910
    When you say take the changer out...I'm all mechanical thumbs!..you mean take the whole lot out?
    The whole lot yes. And then take the casing off. Push tray back in side the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    Once your CD changer goes bad it will most likely continue to be unreliable.

I stripped and freed mine 3 times, each time I greased all moving parts but alas it is dead again.

I have stopped using mine and got a CD53 instead.

I have done it once and it worked until i replaced cd changer with intravee. Maybe i was lucky

BMWHaus Guru

I stripped and freed mine 3 times, each time I greased all moving parts but alas it is dead again.

BMWHaus Guru

CD Kaput?

Quote Originally Posted by Con910
    The whole lot yes. And then take the casing off. Push tray back in side the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by John_D

I have done it once and it worked until i replaced cd changer with intravee. Maybe i was lucky
    My car was built in october(probably Monday too) so lot of hungover heads put it together so mine may just be unlucky !

I found it always worked well in winter but as soon as the weather warmed up it pooped itself.