Thread: Insurance increase, recommend anybody?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Lightbulb Insurance increase, recommend anybody?

I'm currently insured with liberty, car is a 03 530d sport. Insurance has gone up to 920 this year which is probably about 120 increase. I was going to renew with them but with that much of an increase I'm going to definately shop around.

I'm 24 and I like to have driving of other cars so if anybody could recommend anywhere that they found particularly cheap with all the bells and whistles, comp bonus protection window cover etc.

Sorry to have to start a thread on insurance but I'm quite busy during the day moment so don't have much time to ring around.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Insurance increase, recommend anybody?

Had the same post up a few weeks ago on "the other" site
    Went with Zurich, they worked out best for me.
    Shop around I got my old broker to get it for me, turned out much cheaper than I thought for a 3.0

BMWHaus Guru

Hi Dave, was just about to recommend liberty until I saw you're already with them... Not good news :/ hope it doesn't go up for me as well, I really like how laid back they are and the driving of other cars and full ncbp etc as you said... Was with Asgard through Aon Insure before and THEY. WERE. A NIGHTMARE..

Good luck! Hope you get sorted with a better deal, let us know who you end up with

BMWHaus Guru

Have you tried ringing them Dave? If you get in contact and say you're taking the car somewhere else unless they reduce it they might do something. I think so many people just expect it to go up anyway, they renew automatically

Personally I'm a big fan of AXA, as I like the way they operate. I've found you can get hold of someone on the phone or drop into one of their offices and deal with someone who listens

BMWHaus Guru

Would recommend giving Axa a call too

BMWHaus Contributor

I usually end up changing every year .as soon as they get their claws into you (a year's insurance) they put the price up the following year. I could be wrong here but I think it might have to do with the companies exposure to a certain category of driver on their books for a given year so Ring them all for a quote .through the years I have experienced 300 euro quote differences between the same companies within a year (for no reason) . My self I am the wrong side of 30 my insurance is a little more than 3 months tax but last year got a quote for nearly a 1000 from a company I was with a few years ago for less than half that

BMWHaus Contributor

My opinion is, call EVERYONE. Ive found every broker / insurer to be different even down to the month you phone them on. Each year i phone about 10 different insurers and brokers. And save my self a packet. Last year it was nearly 500 Euro in a difference from a renewal to what i ended up paying.

Dont ever settle for 1 recommendation.