Thread: 02 530d windows opening

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

02 530d windows opening

K i borrowed the mates 530d for a few days and thought i would be a get and get the remote for the car working. So opened it up and put in a battery and hey presto it worked. Keith Barry was never in it :-) . So i locked the car and went to bed. Next morning went out all the windows were down. Wtf . So i used it all day no problems. Next morning same thing. So disconnected the batter for a few hours to reset things. Thought that would do it but same thing again. What does every think or know whats wrong with it.

E21

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: 02 530d windows opening

My e39 opens the windows if i hold the button down that open the car. It has happened a few times when I stuff the keys in my pocket and walk away. It opens the door and opens the windows. If you are not doing it on purpose. Maybe you are doing the same thing or the button is jammed in the remote. It will also but the windows up if you are locking the car.

Re: 02 530d windows opening

This happened me twice is well I could never figure it and I was certain both times I never sat on the keys :huh::huh:

Re: RE: 02 530d windows opening

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    This happened me twice is well I could never figure it and I was certain both times I never sat on the keys :huh::huh:
    Ha ha i thought of that to. Could have easily done it in my sleep. Woke up one moving with the beside light in the bed beside me. So pressing the key in the middle if the night is a good posibailty

E21