Thread: Rug Doctor - Anybody rented one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Rug Doctor - Anybody rented one?

Plan on undertaking a deep clean of the car in the new year and looking at renting a wet vac. The most accessable one from my point of view of the Rug Doctor available in tesco/b&c/4homes etc. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with them

Re: Rug Doctor - Anybody rented one?

Done carpets in the house with it good results ,the handheld thing that came with it was ok but not amazing ,the machine itself was very good though

BMWHaus Contributor

Rug Doctor - Anybody rented one?

Had it too and it takes so much dirt out,it's unreal,only problem I had was carpet took a while to dry fully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Rug Doctor - Anybody rented one?

Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    Had it too and it takes so much dirt out,it's unreal,only problem I had was carpet took a while to dry fully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Google says :tounge: De-Humidifier. Put it on the back seat, in a level position. Close all windows. Plug it in, and let it run overnight.

I have a Vax I paid 70 quid for on an amazon deal, first time using it I think I reduced the weight of the car significantly with the amount of dirt that was in the bucket at the end.

^^just use the extraction a few times on the carpets and they'll be dry within hours

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    I have a Vax I paid 70 quid for on an amazon deal, first time using it I think I reduced the weight of the car significantly with the amount of dirt that was in the bucket at the end.

^^just use the extraction a few times on the carpets and they'll be dry within hours
    +1 just buy a VAX or similar Owen, you will get your moneys worth from that rather then a rental

Re: RE: Rug Doctor - Anybody rented one?

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E46
    Plan on undertaking a deep clean of the car in the new year and looking at renting a wet vac. The most accessable one from my point of view of the Rug Doctor available in tesco/b&c/4homes etc. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with them

I did the seats in and carpet in the Gf's car with a rug doctor with good results, I got upholstery cleaner in halfords and not the rug dr branded stuff.
    I found if you dont wet the seats too much is the best bet and make up cleaner in spray bottle and use a scrub brush just not too stiff of bristles.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: RE: Rug Doctor - Anybody rented one?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo

+1 just buy a VAX or similar Owen, you will get your moneys worth from that rather then a rental
    Was thinking about that, considering I shelled out for a das pro why would I skimp and not buy a wet vac :P

BMWHaus Guru

Check this out Owen, might get this delivery to your door for the price of renting the rug doctor

Deal starts at 4:30 today keep your eyeballs peeled

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0012MGYUU/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_8907_fdd42382?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101 &pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1G24TQ14GAPV8XDVRPNZ&pf_rd_i=350613011&p f_rd_p=449478907#productDetails

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: Rug Doctor - Anybody rented one?

Feck it anyway I'm working till 6, have an eye on a vax on amazon so hopefully it goes down more :P:P

Looking at this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE