Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E36 ASC + LSD question

BMWHaus Guru

E36 ASC + LSD question

Hi Folks, anybody have an e36 with ASC and fitted an LSD?

My question is, with the LSD fitted, will the ASC continue to work the way it does when it's on, and then to allow the LSD to work (lock) properly when it's off?

I'm aware the ASC in the e36 isn't very sophisticated, but just wondering if this is how it'll work?

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: E36 ASC + LSD question

Without having experiencing it, I'd say yes. There's no reason it wouldn't. The ABS is how the ASC decides weather traction controll activates or not, the LSD is just where the traction is delivered to.

I know loads of guys that have fitted LSD without any ASC issues.

Sent from my Vodafone 858 using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E36 ASC + LSD question

Just what I wanted to hear

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: E36 ASC + LSD question

I was for fitting LSD to my 323i earlier this year and had sourced the parts from a very reputable breaker who talked me through it all and didn't mention it and I'm sure he would have had it been a possible issue.

Sent from my Vodafone 858 using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

some cars from factory comes with ASC and LSD so why it shouldnt work?

BMWHaus Contributor

there grand, have whatever in my car, only issue you'll have is now that drive is going to both wheels if you have a wrong size tyre on one side or a slight wear on another the tc will pick it up alot quicker and can be annoying.. i pulled all my fuses last year cause abs or tc is not something you want with a slippy trust me

BMWHaus Contributor

Here's some info on removing the traction control while retaining the ABS if your interested
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?984257-E36-ASC-Delete-DIY

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF
    Here's some info on removing the traction control while retaining the ABS if your interested
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?984257-E36-ASC-Delete-DIY
    Thanks for that, very interesting!! And very helpful as I would always like to keep ABS. And really interesting how you could set it up as to apply the brakes to the rear wheels instead of cutting air to the engine!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
    there grand, have whatever in my car, only issue you'll have is now that drive is going to both wheels if you have a wrong size tyre on one side or a slight wear on another the tc will pick it up alot quicker and can be annoying.. i pulled all my fuses last year cause abs or tc is not something you want with a slippy trust me
    Why is that and what way did it effect the NCT?

Have a car I want to put an LSD in and am curious to know as Peter was asking what way it will work in conjunction with the ASC as I'd prefer not to delete it.

I thought you already had an LSD in the E36 Dave?