Thread: Is my injector shot?

BMWHaus Guru

Is my injector shot?

What are the opinions of the adjustment readings on cylinder 1?

I have a rough idle error with a message stating excessive adjustment.

BMWHaus Guru

Is my injector shot?

Yes.........

I'd say I have one too Dave, it's a used unit but it would have came out of a 70000ml 530d

BMWHaus Guru

Is my injector shot?

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    Yes.........

I'd say I have one too Dave, it's a used unit but it would have came out of a 70000ml 530d
    Cool, are they the same as the 2.5 unit? I contacted a crowd in Longford today about maybe buying a set of 530d injectors, getting them refurbed and dropping them in, he said it absolutely will not work.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Is my injector shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    Yes.........

Cool, are they the same as the 2.5 unit? I contacted a crowd in Longford today about maybe buying a set of 530d injectors, getting them refurbed and dropping them in, he said it absolutely will not work.
    Keep forgetting your in a 525 and not a 530d. They will physically fit no problem but the car might need to be mapped to suit the larger injectors.

BMWHaus Guru

Is my injector shot?

I might like at going down the route of changing the injectors for 530d injectors, changing to the 530d turbo and remapping the car. Would you have the lot from that engine?

Is it generally good practice to recondition all the injectors or is it overkill. I'll do it if I have to but I'd rather avoid spending 1200 euro on injector reconditioning right now if I can.