Thread: Another NCT center FAIL!!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Another NCT center FAIL!!

Got in some E46 M3 which failed NCT with front suspension imbalance and some worn parts in it. changed both front shocks to new Sacks units and RH lower wishbone ,some ball joints at the back and full tracking . Tracking done by my friend with new latest edition machine and he knows what he do . Car done and customer brought it to NCT center maybe in 2 or 3 days .so one evening got angry text that car failed again on same imbalance :surprised::surprised: Asked him to calm down and to bring it back for recheck even if its sound stupid to me.
    Tracking on first test was Front -4 and Rear -11 , imbalance in shocks about 50% ,so like new shock and dead at same time on one chassis .
    Retest readings ,tracking Front -4 and Rear -11, imbalance exactly same as first time ,no changes at all even 1nm at the side.
    told him that its impossible cant be exactly same readings on both ,tracking and shocks ,even if them would be not so good or bad or any other ways if possible .
    Brought car to some DOE garage and did test , tracking on front MINT +1 ,so its like on new car but its not 0, maybe just of old worn tires .Shocks 29NM and 28NM ,imbalance 1 percent , would fail of its over 33 percents ,so all perfect as well .
    Got printed details and let customer to bring it back for NCT pass papers without any other tests .Next day got answer with new passed NCT .Their answer was
    "our machine was fine and there is no other errors in their own system ,and that we worked more on suspension to fix it .He was happy that she passed ,that its not my fault and he didnt got in bigger details . this was in Ballymun North point 2 . end of story ,happy motoring :wink:

BMWHaus Guru

I'm not going there again, have never been happy with them. Will try fonthill next time.

Re: Another NCT center FAIL!!

Agreed its a kip went twice both times got a bad tester with a bad attitude ,iv been going to fonthill 3 or 4 years now with no issues

BMWHaus Contributor

+1 for fonthill.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Another NCT center FAIL!!

Went to Ballymun couple weeks ago expecting a fail on a few things and the car sailed through

Was over the other side near Tallaght last year and every car there failed on the day, lucky mine was only a visual and passed. I think its the person rather then the centre in most cases, but some of the lads don't seem to enjoy their job or know how to deal with people.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    Went to Ballymun couple weeks ago expecting a fail on a few things and the car sailed through

Was over the other side near Tallaght last year and every car there failed on the day, lucky mine was only a visual and passed. I think its the person rather then the center in most cases, but some of the lads don't seem to enjoy their job or know how to deal with people.
    the first thing ,i think it failed retest of testers fault ,machine cant read same readings with completely different parts as shocks .not sure can he just leave old readings and print them,or its just system fault. the second ,how did he cant see new parts installed in car and didnt take any attention on this?thats mean they dont care at all.and last ,even manager is just idiot if he says that we tried to pass retest without any fixing :surprised:
    if it would be me ,i wouldnt let NCT center without new NCT,and this happens very often

BMWHaus Contributor

We had a Clio III in the job the other day that failed on "missing bump stops" on the rear, we checked three other Clio IIIs, they never had bump stops in the rear springs. Idiots.

Sent from my magical talkie device

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

another customer brought in some Saab .failed on not working-stuck rear brake load valve.that car dont even had that valve ,it was just some steel cover over hose to line connection .told him to bring back and explain this ,if they dont understand what it is. was same tester and start argue that hes wright ,customer asked for manager and in few minutes car passed the test

BMWHaus Contributor

That's bollix!!

What's the requirements to be a tester ?

Do you have to be a qualified Mechanic ?
    Or just be a monkey !!

BMWHaus Guru

Its unreal, they should refund the test fee for the extra petrol costs incurred and time wasted... Morons.