Got in some E46 M3 which failed NCT with front suspension imbalance and some worn parts in it. changed both front shocks to new Sacks units and RH lower wishbone ,some ball joints at the back and full tracking . Tracking done by my friend with new latest edition machine and he knows what he do . Car done and customer brought it to NCT center maybe in 2 or 3 days .so one evening got angry text that car failed again on same imbalance :surprised::surprised: Asked him to calm down and to bring it back for recheck even if its sound stupid to me.
Tracking on first test was Front -4 and Rear -11 , imbalance in shocks about 50% ,so like new shock and dead at same time on one chassis .
Retest readings ,tracking Front -4 and Rear -11, imbalance exactly same as first time ,no changes at all even 1nm at the side.
told him that its impossible cant be exactly same readings on both ,tracking and shocks ,even if them would be not so good or bad or any other ways if possible .
Brought car to some DOE garage and did test , tracking on front MINT +1 ,so its like on new car but its not 0, maybe just of old worn tires .Shocks 29NM and 28NM ,imbalance 1 percent , would fail of its over 33 percents ,so all perfect as well .
Got printed details and let customer to bring it back for NCT pass papers without any other tests .Next day got answer with new passed NCT .Their answer was
"our machine was fine and there is no other errors in their own system ,and that we worked more on suspension to fix it .He was happy that she passed ,that its not my fault and he didnt got in bigger details . this was in Ballymun North point 2 . end of story ,happy motoring :wink: