Thread: Interest in a group purchase of oil?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Interest in a group purchase of oil?

So I'm in need of some Castrol Edge 10W-60 for a top up now and an upcoming oil change early in the new year. This stuff isn't cheap so I'm thinking perhaps if there were some more people willing to jump on it we could approach suppliers and wholesalers to see what we can get it for. At the minute the cheapest I can find it without a discount is ~€10 per litre.

Is there anybody else who could use some over the next few months who wants to jump in? I'd be looking at ordering this side of the Christmas

BMWHaus Guru

Contact the lads in Burke Lubricants Danny. There the distributor for Castrol over here and are very good to deal with!

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Interest in a group purchase of oil?

Cheers for that! It's always handy to know another supplier and I'm fed up paying for it in the local motor factors

Cheers Connor. It's service time for the mini

BMWHaus Contributor

Actually did you mean Burke West or Burke Lubricants Conor? Because Burke Lubricants are a Mobil 1 dealer while Burke West (in Roscommon) are Castrol distributers, as are a few others. Joey, if you're putting in an order with a distributor we could team up to see if we could get a better price?

BMWHaus Guru

Sorry Danny I meant Burke west lubricants!

Yeah I'd go in on this. Prob won't need it for a little while but may aswel get it if getting discount.

BMWHaus Contributor

Make sure this is TWS and not Sport. Id be interested depending on pricing.

Hi Guys

Let me know the details when you get them as I might be interested too

BMWHaus Contributor

TWS is the dealership name and the name of old stock. The new branding name is just EDGE (with or without FST). Basically if it says it's good for M-engines on the bottle we're grand so it definitely won't be EDGE Sport.

I'm afraid the oil light came on so I needed to go it alone - picked up some Edge for €10/L (€40/4L more precisely) from Amazon on special offer. I can of course proceed with my plan on approaching distributors as a group; how many litres would you guys be talking? The distributors want to talk numbers before prices - I'm going to ballpark 40L and see who bites.