Thread: Fuel card does not work

BMWHaus Contributor

Fuel card does not work

I was in a Topaz forecourt shop in Co. Waterford on Wednesday and a Garda patrol car filled up, when he went to pay it the company fuel car it got declined, that meant the shop put the fuel transaction in the book to try and charge the fuel to another card when a different garda patrol car came in to fill up.

What has it come to when Garda fuel cards are getting declined.

BMWHaus Contributor

Fuel card does not work

Most of the time the cards have just passed their expiry date. It's common practice to manually put the cards through and just change the date on them.
    Cards are also issued for each individual car so when the car goes the card goes but some cards stay on until a new card for the new car is delivered and the cards just haven't been swapped out
    It's also common that the gaurds forget their pins for the cards

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Fuel card does not work

Quote Originally Posted by GerH
    Most of the time the cards have just passed their expiry date. It's common practice to manually put the cards through and just change the date on them.
    Cards are also issued for each individual car so when the car goes the card goes but some cards stay on until a new card for the new car is delivered and the cards just haven't been swapped out
    It's also common that the gaurds forget their pins for the cards
    As this is a customer site and I know the card payment system and the card was in date and the pin correct.

BMWHaus Contributor

Fuel card does not work

Well in the 3 years I've worked in topaz a gaurd fuel card has never been declined on the basis of anything other than an expiry date or pin. They all work out of the same "pool" aswell

I seriously doubt that it's got to the stage of declining cards and leaving emergency services high and dry

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon
    I was in a Topaz forecourt shop in Co. Waterford on Wednesday and a Garda patrol car filled up, when he went to pay it the company fuel car it got declined, that meant the shop put the fuel transaction in the book to try and charge the fuel to another card when a different garda patrol car came in to fill up.

What has it come to when Garda fuel cards are getting declined.
    The amount of free tea etc they get in there anyway maybe they need to clear the slate first :tounge:

BMWHaus Guru

maybe the Garda should get rid of Topaz, seems to be hassle for them