Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jom coilovers.

Re: RE: Jom coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisk
    I changed form Eibach prokit springs & Bilstein B4s to JOMs on the E36 and the ride quality improved even with a bit more of a drop.

Without matched dampers i found the first combo pretty harsh on crappy roads. So happy overall but they do make quite a bit of noise, even when i get out of the car i can hear them creaking as step out.

Will see how long they last but will probably opt for one with dampening adjustments like the BC racing ones in the future.

##( Seems to be only cheap or expensive coilovers, wish there was some middle ground.)##
    BC's are the middle ground , there slap bang in the middle of the €200-€1800 market

Have never heard a bad word siad about them

Having siad that the h&r kits look impressive for the price from alloywheels.ie is well

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Jom coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisk
    I changed form Eibach prokit springs & Bilstein B4s to JOMs on the E36 and the ride quality improved even with a bit more of a drop.

Without matched dampers i found the first combo pretty harsh on crappy roads. So happy overall but they do make quite a bit of noise, even when i get out of the car i can hear them creaking as step out.

Will see how long they last but will probably opt for one with dampening adjustments like the BC racing ones in the future. Seems to be only cheap or expensive coilovers, wish there was some middle ground.
    But where the shocks and springs old you changed out? Then there is no real comparison new V old

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    BC's are the middle ground , there slap bang in the middle of the €200-€1800 market

Have never heard a bad word siad about them
    BC's seem to be middle ground alright but afaik they are the entry level adjustable coilovers in term of rebound etc

So to sum up save up and buy bc's.

BMWHaus Guru

I had an eibach prokit on my 530d and wasn't happy with the drop so went to jom coilovers and was happy with them, they were surprisingly comfortable, I was expecting it to be rough like on the 3series but it wasn't.

Even the new owner was surprised by how comfortable it was.

The sport kit would be the way to go for look and comfort but they only make the sport kit for the 520 e39

BMWHaus Contributor

I have eibach prokit on my e39 and from a se car they made a big difference and I am very happy with them.

In the 328 track car I am going to run BC's, They can be bought from Super4