Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jom coilovers.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jom coilovers.

Anybody have them installed in their car? I can get a set for cheap enough but would like to hear feedback about them cheers derek. I just want to lower my car as i dont like the standard ride height.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Jom coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek.e39
    Anybody have them installed in their car? I can get a set for cheap enough but would like to hear feedback about them cheers derek. I just want to lower my car as i dont like the standard ride height.

They're good as an entry level mod as they will give the desired low look but go down a back road/poor surface and you will know all about it. I have them in my car. I'm happy I did it but would look to upgrade them in the future to a more adjustable coilover.

Any questions shoot me a pm or I'm sure several other members will be able to help as well.

BMWHaus Guru

Claudio be the an to PM on these, they broke his hearth!!

Most will say they re fine but for a 5 you want to keep the comfort. I have Vmaxx they are little more then Jom and little better but still cheap shite tbh if I had the money and driving it daily it be BC's DJC had them in his e46 and it drove amazing and was comfy!!!!

5 series is a comfortable car its also a heavy car so cheap coilovers will rip other parts on the car apart like bushes etc, cheap short term but maybe same price long term

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyFish
    Claudio be the an to PM on these, they broke his hearth!!

Most will say they re fine but for a 5 you want to keep the comfort. I have Vmaxx they are little more then Jom and little better but still cheap sh*** tbh if I had the money and driving it daily it be BC's DJC had them in his e46 and it drove amazing and was comfy!!!!

5 series is a comfortable car its also a heavy car so cheap coilovers will rip other parts on the car apart like bushes etc, cheap short term but maybe same price long term
    ^ The truth!

Actually Derek have you considered springs?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by indigais
    For 5series buy better Eibach springs
    With coilovers you get very bumpy ride
    Should of said that actually, I got Eibach Sportlines for my e39 and was over the moon with them

[align=center][/align]

On the move

[align=center][/align]

BMWHaus Contributor

you say cheap so im guessing secondhand,I bought secondhand coilovers for my e39 and only bought them as they passed nct on previous owners car,when they arrived I brought them to garage to fit and they wouldn't saying the top mounts were gone and they probably have leaks as the rebound on the rears was slow or didn't happen,advice is not to buy secondhand,the guy I bought them off was genuine and he refunded me no problem,he was supprised though as the nct cert showed them perfect,I bought indigas e36 last week and its on joms and very low,collected the car in meath and drove to mayo,lovely on ok roads and motorway but on crap roads they not so good.had planned on getting new coilovers for my e39 but definitely wont now,would ruin it in my opinon....

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    you say cheap so im guessing secondhand,I bought secondhand coilovers for my e39 and only bought them as they passed nct on previous owners car,when they arrived I brought them to garage to fit and they wouldn't saying the top mounts were gone and they probably have leaks as the rebound on the rears was slow or didn't happen,advice is not to buy secondhand,the guy I bought them off was genuine and he refunded me no problem,he was supprised though as the nct cert showed them perfect,I bought indigas e36 last week and its on joms and very low,collected the car in meath and drove to mayo,lovely on ok roads and motorway but on crap roads they not so good.had planned on getting new coilovers for my e39 but definitely wont now,would ruin it in my opinon....
    Can pass the NCT if no leaks and no imbalance so if both were dead that makes sense!

BMWHaus Contributor

I changed form Eibach prokit springs & Bilstein B4s to JOMs on the E36 and the ride quality improved even with a bit more of a drop.

Without matched dampers i found the first combo pretty harsh on crappy roads. So happy overall but they do make quite a bit of noise, even when i get out of the car i can hear them creaking as step out.

Will see how long they last but will probably opt for one with dampening adjustments like the BC racing ones in the future. Seems to be only cheap or expensive coilovers, wish there was some middle ground.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cisk
    So happy overall but they do make quite a bit of noise, even when i get out of the car i can hear them creaking as step out.
    Shouldn't creek afaik. Could be bushes?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom

Shouldn't creek afaik. Could be bushes?
    Will get them checked out, thanks.