Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E36 318is not blowing hot?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E36 318is not blowing hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy325ci
    Hope the problem is sorted!

Had the same problem with my E46. Could be the following, Water pump, thermostat, coolant level or an air lock in the system.

My thermostat was perfect but had it replaced anyway and it sorted the problem right out!

Had the same problem ... Cold weather comes in and heating stops ... pain in the a*s!
    rain is hampering progress with this. Bled it again with a pipe the other day and no air escaping. Have a bit of time off work this week so intend to replace the stat as i have heat but as i was saying when drivin on it blows cold so most likely stuck open.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy325ci
    Hope the problem is sorted!

Had the same problem with my E46. Could be the following, Water pump, thermostat, coolant level or an air lock in the system.

My thermostat was perfect but had it replaced anyway and it sorted the problem right out!

Had the same problem ... Cold weather comes in and heating stops ... pain in the a*s!
    rain is hampering progress with this. Bled it again with a pipe the other day and no air escaping. Have a bit of time off work this week so intend to replace the stat as i have heat but as i was saying when drivin on it blows cold so most likely stuck open.
    Hope ya get it sorted! If all else fails think of Jeremy Clarkson ... HAMMER!

BMWHaus Guru

Happy to report I have heat for the last while now. Got a new stat but didn't put it in. Happy days :happy:

BMWHaus Guru

What was the fix?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    What was the fix?
    I'd be lying if I said I knew! Bled it using a big pipe, didn't seem to release any air or make any odds but it must have :hehe!: