Thread: Trip computer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trip computer

can someone explain why, when I fill up to the brim the milage range on the car can vary so much. From as low as 994 kms up to 1242 kms. Surely when it takes €89 to fill the car to the top then the range should stay around the same. Is it something to do with the quality of the diesel?

Re: Trip computer

Tank always differs I find when driving it , and when parked up and started from cold it will usually show less

Iv heard its something to do with the tank pressurising once warmed up

BMWHaus Guru

Trip computer

The range is linked to the mpg stored so obviously the lower mpg you get the lower the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Trip computer

I know the the mpg I get is going to be different every time, but I just thought that every time I fill the car the range should read the same. So if the tank holds 90 litres then the computer should read 1242 kms every time I fill the car. But in my local Topaz it reads 944 kms when full. In the Top Oil it reads 1044 kms and in the Esso garage it reads 1242 kms. I just find it strange that it reads differently between each garage.

BMWHaus Guru

As said, its linked to MPG and I don't think its long term or related to when you last reset your MPG, I think its linked to a your previous fuel consumption over an arbitrary period of time. I wouldn't worry about it, mine does the same.

BMWHaus Guru

If you drive like miss daisy it will tell you a predicted mileage you have in the tank based on that. If you start driving with a heavy foot then this will drop down a good bit.

Its predicted mileage not actual