Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Tax Office to Close

BMWHaus Contributor

Motor Tax Office to Close

Clondalkin motor tax office will be closed permanently from December 24th.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/city-motor-tax-office-to-close-29835001.html

So where in the hell are people supposed to go ? They closed Nutgrove a few years back.

I am not being funny here when i say the online system is no where near the required level to take over the load.

I mean it appears that you cant even declare a vehicle back on the road after you declare it off the road.

Apparently you can declare if off online but then are forced to go to the tax office with forms and declare it back on the road when the time comes.

Have the made any plans for this instance ? Bunch of Morons.

RE: Motor Tax Office to Close

The spin being given in the media today is stomach turning. It's blatant lies. I know for a fact that this office was ear marked for closure as early as August. Today, Kathy Quinn lies and uses some unfounded stat (one which I do not believe for a minute) that the introduction of the NDLS combined with 70% of Dublin folk using the online renewal system is the cause?!

The real reason is that the welfare office next door needs more room, so they are taking over the tax office space. Now the spin on all this is that the online system is such a rip roaring success that they can roll over to it, and implement yet another saving to the exchequer? Please!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    The spin being given in the media today is stomach turning. It's blatant lies. I know for a fact that this office was ear marked for closure as early as August. Today, Kathy Quinn lies and uses some unfounded stat (one which I do not believe for a minute) that the introduction of the NDLS combined with 70% of Dublin folk using the online renewal system is the cause?!

The real reason is that the welfare office next door needs more room, so they are taking over the tax office space. Now the spin on all this is that the online system is such a rip roaring success that they can roll over to it, and implement yet another saving to the exchequer? Please!
    Im all for savings but not as the risk of an obviously required service.

You cant push people online without an adequate online solution.

Complete imbeciles behind this.

Definitely agreed on saving, however, what are the savings? The employees that curently man the tax office are being redeployed into other areas of Revenue and the building stays, but under the umbrella of Social Welfare.

110% agree with you on an adequate online service

BMWHaus Guru

Motor Tax Office to Close

It's not a saving if it costs jobs. Load of balls. Council saving money to protect the high earners. We're forced to tax our cars online and do their work and the savings do not get passed to us. I refuse to tax my car myself use a self service checkout have buffet dinner that costs more than €10 etc. It's all about cutting staff and rehiring others to do the same work on internships in their other offices. Don't even start me on internships. Scam scam scam. Angers me reading the pr spin as discussed above.

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    It's not a saving if it costs jobs. Load of balls. Council saving money to protect the high earners. We're forced to tax our cars online and do their work and the savings do not get passed to us. I refuse to tax my car myself use a self service checkout have buffet dinner that costs more than €10 etc. It's all about cutting staff and rehiring others to do the same work on internships in their other offices. Don't even start me on internships. Scam scam scam. Angers me reading the pr spin as discussed above.

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210
    I like you're thinking.

BMWHaus Guru

I'd love to be able to tax my car online.........

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB
    I'd love to be able to tax my car online.........
    Be nice to have the choice John not to be forced into it that's what I have the problem with.

BMWHaus Guru

Why would you want to go into the tax office??

Do you not like yourself?

Have you nothing better to do??

Close them all!!

Down with the Pubic Sector! (spelling)

BMWHaus Guru

Well seeing as there is someone on an internship doing the Job my sister got made redundant from a few years ago its close to home. It's the third time they have someone doing this particular internship so therefore they are talking advantage of the scheme. I can go tax my car in Ballinasloe in about 20mins. A fall in numbers using the Ballinasloe office would be only an excuse to close it as there is one in Galway. My cousins Fiance also works in the one in Ballinasloe. Honestly it's scraping the barrel cost savings they are not true cost savings at all. Cut the wages of the engineers who are on 80k for no reason.

At a time when jobs are low I try do all my services in person thus giving the people that work in them something to do. Except shopping though internet ftw.