Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another MPG Thread!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Another MPG Thread!

Breathing better (performance filter), make sure all air sensors are cleaned, good plugs and you could try dipetaine as a possibility. You have very low miles on the clock other than that I would say maybe terra clean. Other than that taxi drive it I guess. Interested to know what the best mpg you could get out of that engine is.

BMWHaus Guru

Have a pipercross panel filter, might throw that into it at the weekend. I do have what I think is a sticky lifter, getting a ticking sound from the rear of the engine. Wouldn't surprise me as the car was sitting up for so long.

I'll try some diptane over the xmas, I'm actually hoping its throwing up codes, might make it easier to get to the bottom of it!

The last tank I got 260 miles from it, I'm hoping with just motorway driving I'll be able to see 400. Did 440 in the clubsport once, she was running on fumes though!

At the moment I'm getting worse mileage than the M3!
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    Have a pipercross panel filter, might throw that into it at the weekend. I do have what I think is a sticky lifter, getting a ticking sound from the rear of the engine. Wouldn't surprise me as the car was sitting up for so long.

I'll try some diptane over the xmas, I'm actually hoping its throwing up codes, might make it easier to get to the bottom of it!

The last tank I got 260 miles from it, I'm hoping with just motorway driving I'll be able to see 400. Did 440 in the clubsport once, she was running on fumes though!

At the moment I'm getting worse mileage than the M3!
    Check out the manifold that ticking could be the onset of a crack. At least it was with mine. Could also explain high consumption.