Thread: Charity Christmas Cards

BMWHaus Contributor

Charity Christmas Cards

Do you do them?
    Do you buy the first pack you see in the €2 store?

Do you make an effort and make sure the cards you buy are for a registered charity?

This year I'm buying temple Street and I'm in the hunt for a suicide prevention set, I'm waiting to see if pieta house do them but I don't know.

Temple street funds do not get used to top up management salaries and that's one of the reasons why I buy them every year, that and the sick kiddies

Anybody else do anything like this or even go further?

BMWHaus Guru

Charity Christmas Cards

I buy the ones from the Irish Cancer Society. I really do hope the money goes to the right place.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Charity Christmas Cards

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    I buy the ones from the Irish Cancer Society. I really do hope the money goes to the right place.
    Most of their web sites will tell you whether it does or not. Especially now after the CRC scandal. Obviously there's some production costs but hopefully all profits go to the cause.

I definitely bought Pieta house ones around 2/3 xmas's ago Keith. I've failed to find any since. This year, we've personalised ones due to a new addition in the Ciars household :happy: I'd love to see the stats for this years CRC santa bear appeal, given the carryon of the board :surprised:

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    I definitely bought Pieta house ones around 2/3 xmas's ago Keith. I've failed to find any since. This year, we've personalised ones due to a new addition in the Ciars household :happy: I'd love to see the stats for this years CRC santa bear appeal, given the carryon of the board :surprised:
    Seemly the retail shops and newsagents are sending the CRC bears back unopened. Not fair on the kids but with the resignations of the board it might help their reputation going forward.