Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alfa159. Thoughts?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Alfa159. Thoughts?

What about an E46 M3 Darren??

BMWHaus Guru

I'd love one Rob but I'm not goin back to the high tax, the engine size and fuel economy dosnt bother me but I can't justify giving those cunts that kinda money for nothing again.

I've had 3 Alfa's in the past. The last one being a a GT Monza (Blackline spec) with the same engine in that 159 linked. For a diesel engine, you WILL NOT get better in it's category. Build is not on a par with BMW, not as refined. It won't last the test of time over a similar BMW over the years, but for something different to spin around in for a year or 2, there is no better. There is a reason I had 3 of 'em back to back!

BMWHaus Contributor

Lovely looking car that Alfa alright, not sure if I could give that money for one though as they depreciate like a stone.

If you like an A4, i'd look for an A4 DTM Edition, 2.0 TFSi with 220bhp Quattro and a nice kit to boot, rare car too and much better than the TDi. I saw one on the road in Limerick yesterday and they look very well, easily tunaeble too if you get bored

There was a really nice blue one for sale in Louth last year for around the same money as that Alfa, only 3 for sale in UK at the minute

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/a4/audi-a4-2-0t-fsi-quattro-dtm-4dr-dvd-sat-nav--bose/1632967

Big fan of Alfas my self and Mckay would agree..
    I had a 147 along time ago and loved it not the most reliable car for electrics etc:crying:
    But style and comfort won it for me..
    As every one says deprtiation of a brick
    But if you can buy 159 for the price of a brick
    Go for it ..:smiling::tounge:

Jaysis Darren, you'd nearly buy my car for that sort of money :P

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMcGrath
    Jaysis Darren, you'd nearly buy my car for that sort of money :P
    Is that an offer paddy

Everything has its price.

BMWHaus Guru

Alfas are great but can break your heart no matter how well they're maintained. Had a 2.0 Twinspark GTV and was just a fantastic place to be! Nippy too, but they're very fragile things... I know the newer ones are supposed to be more reliable though!

BMWHaus Guru

I want to drive one before I decide but I'm hearing more good than bad about them.