Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa159. Thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Alfa159. Thoughts?

Personally My usual rule when buying a car is to steer clear of French and Italian cars.
    But I have been really drawn to these lately and from looking online they seem to be getting decent reviews compared to alfas of the past.
    I think they are stunning looking especially the TI version and are something a bit different.

Was just wondering of anyone had any experience with them, how would they drive compared to a BMW or VW ?
    Build quality etc.
    reliability?

This one in particular has caught my attention
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/159/--1.9-ST/37613842070398600/advert?channel=CARS

The mini is great and still enjoying driving it but I'm finding it a bit lacking in the practicality side of things so considering trying to sell it in January.

Re: Alfa159. Thoughts?

Have no idea about them but theres no denying they make some of the nicest cars on the road

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Alfa159. Thoughts?

Alfas you don't really buy them for their reliability etc there a bit like owning a pet elephant .I always thought their interiors looked amazing and was looking at a 166 but couldn't justify the chance I would be taking in things that could .WOULD go wrong that said there newer models seem.to hold their own. It's.like everything in life if its a bit different or out of the ordinary its going to take a bit more minding.

BMWHaus Guru

Definitely. I love the brera too but not much more practical than the mini.

Apparently this model was designed and engineered but the same guy that did the RR phantom

I'm only doing 100-120 miles a week so it won't be really abused and will be easier to maintain that way.

I think in the last few years the reliability and build quality has come a long way, I know one girl who has a Alfa GT diesel and she says it's never let here down and she's owned it 5+ years

BMWHaus Guru

Looks well. Have nice interiors.

But engine will be crap. Will drive like nothing. And will have pants fuel economy.

What is wrong with you????? :surprised: :tounge:

Surely for that money you could buy a nice E90/1 320d???????

Administrator

Thought about the 159 for herself before getting the 320i....the 159ti was the only one I was attracted to, and there was no decent ones in budget at the time!!
    From doing a bit of reading about them, Alfa seem to have up'd their game a bit!

BMWHaus Guru

Ye I could but they are very common and my problem with common cars is that I have to mad them to make them different.
    With the Alfa I wouldn't feel I'd have to do anything.

BMWHaus Guru

THIS is actually what you should buy!

Low tax. Motorsport bred. Homologated. Rare. Drives very well. Looks good.

Needs no modification!!!!!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/320-Si-V/201336218167975/advert?channel=CARS

Closest thing to an E30 M3 theres ever been!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB
    THIS is actually what you should buy!

Low tax. Motorsport bred. Homologated. Rare. Drives very well. Looks good.

Needs no modification!!!!!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/320-Si-V/201336218167975/advert?channel=CARS

Closest thing to an E30 M3 theres ever been!
    That is nice actually.
    Don't know if its nicer than the Alfa though.