Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: e39 suspension

BMWHaus Guru

RE: e39 suspension

As it stands and unless the price takes a big increase I'm going to go the monroe / Eibach route, they are less than half the price of even the Sachs shock and gauging by the thread on bmw5, they perform fine.

I've been buying monroe shocks for years for VW's and I'm yet to have a failure, I didn't know they did a Tech II equivalent shock until Gar put me onto them.

@[ChrispyFish] I know the BC's would probably be better but I drove an E39 with JOMs and without exaggeration I can honestly say it was absolutely terrible.

I'm planning on tackling this within the next month or so, so I don't mind being the guinea pig. You're both welcome to take my car for a drive with them fitted.

BMWHaus Contributor

Chris we supply Sachs and eiabhs as you no I'll definitely be able to get you best price round if you go this route

Chris you could come for a spin in mine to see if you like the BCs.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Chris ,the red one E39 has D2 coilovers :wink: if i will go for upgrade and for daily driver, probably will go for Konis ,not coilovers .if its just summer car and more for shows ,coilovers ,as can be adjusted on any different wheel set up

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    Chris ,the red one E39 has D2 coilovers :wink: if i will go for upgrade and for daily driver, probably will go for Konis ,not coilovers .if its just summer car and more for shows ,coilovers ,as can be adjusted on any different wheel set up
    HAD D2 coilovers

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    HAD D2 coilovers
    :hehe!::hehe!::hehe!: i knew something is wrong as Chris was stretching the time :smiling: