Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it like to live in Balbriggan?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is it like to live in Balbriggan?

Hey guys, I am currently looking to buy a house.
    I could not afford good house somewhere close to city, so thinking about Balbriggan.

What do you think about living there? I got mixed opinions so would like to hear more.

Any other area worth considering? But please not more than 40km away from city centre.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: What is it like to live in Ballbrigan?

GFs sister is up there, we are looking to buy this year and she told us not to go that far. Its grand with the motorway now but its a fair ol trek for certain things.

There is plenty of areas closer to Dublin for similar money Stan so just keep looking. Personally if Balbriggan was 10 km from Dublin I still wouldn't live there

BMWHaus Guru

I'll prob get shot but it's miles away and public transport is crap out that far.

How about going west towards leixlip/ Maynooth etc?

Alternatively, post your spec and we'll find you a house. Lads here looking for cars do it all the time so this wouldn't be too different...

Where are you travelling to daily ?
    We have a house there and I travelled to and from tallaght daily no problems on the old m50.

Nice town good bit of life in it at weekends and loads of retail investment going on with the shopping centre etc.

RE: What is it like to live in Balbriggan?

I actually don't mind where to live as long as it's not so far from city centre and it's not rough area. I have 3 month old boy, so don't want him to grow up in bad place. I work in city centre so I will more than likely use public transport to work.

Budget is around 150k. I know it's very little that's why I am looking cheap places like balbriggan. By the look of it I now have to find other areas to look for.

BMWHaus Guru

How many bedroom do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    How many bedroom do you need?
    I need 2 or 3

There's a good train service from balbriggan to Connolly station daily.
    Our house is in Moylaragh so close to everything. There's still talk of moving the port north to balbriggan so that would be another major boost for the area.

BMWHaus Guru

There's 164 houses for sale on Daft up to 3 beds and up to €150k in lots if different areas.

Two that caught my eye are Blanch and Cabra, your commute would be handy from there.

Quote Originally Posted by indigais
    check Ashbourne co.meath very nice place to live and close to Dublin 20km only
    im live here 6 years and no problem at all everything is there and very close
    Yeah I am going to check one house there too. So we will see