Thread: 5 series 03LH5

5 series 03LH5

Hi, all.

A friend of mine drives a lovely e39 520 with registration 03 LH 5

The plate seems familiar, was this owned by anyone here in the past???

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 5 series 03LH5

@[LeoD]

This same one? http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=2072

He must be looking for the history is he? Reg looks familiar but I think there was loads of similar e39 reg's floating about

Think a lad in Dundalk bought it new. He nearly always got a new 5 series every two years with that LH 5 reg.

Quote Originally Posted by mckay
    Think a lad in Dundalk bought it new. He nearly always got a new 5 series every two years with that LH 5 reg.
    I think your thinking of the guy on the Carrick road who gets the 55 reg? He owns the greenore bar.

Yes that's the one. Car is a cracker, a lad on back roads has it approx 12 months and was just wondering was there a thread on it in the past as he has kept a very detailed history of her under his ownership and I was wondering could he get more on her past. I had mentioned it to falcon, so fair play to him for posting!

Here is his thread

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?11122-E39-M-Sport-realistic-ownership-chronicles

BMWHaus Contributor

"A touch thirsty but performance is strong - it's hit the limiter in 5th on the flat at an indicated 155mph and is near enough as quick 0-100mph as a remapped, manual 530d. Which is surprising to me for a bog model engine."

:huh:

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by E36Austin
    "A touch thirsty but performance is strong - it's hit the limiter in 5th on the flat at an indicated 155mph and is near enough as quick 0-100mph as a remapped, manual 530d. Which is surprising to me for a bog model engine."

think limiter is 238km/h on most bmw

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw

think limiter is 238km/h on most bmw
    520i as quick as a remapped 530d

Quote Originally Posted by 320dchris
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay
    I think your thinking of the guy on the Carrick road who gets the 55 reg? He owns the greenore bar.
    No its not Tinnely`s, its another fellow. He use to have a 05 or 06 535d in silver with that reg too.
    He currently drives a black f10 with performance grills and standard reg.

BMWHaus Guru

520i as quick as a remapped 530d
    not within an arses roar.