Thread: consumer advise/rant

BMWHaus Contributor

consumer advise/rant

I just purchased a new stereo for my car from a reputable UK online site. Filled out all details address etc ,registered an account address again!.Paid price Inc shipping to Ireland.I received an email today looking for an extra tenner for additional logistic costs.I sent an email looking for clarification .It will kill me to pay this principle wise, that said the quoted shipping price was only a fiver so 15 is still reasonable. I would love to tell them to stick it (the stubborn f***** that I am) but it's a brilliant deal . So should I cut off my nose to spite my face or shut up and pay the extra.Any advise on rights etc

BMWHaus Guru

RE: consumer advise/rant

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    I just purchased a new stereo for my car from a reputable UK online site. Filled out all details address etc ,registered an account address again!.Paid price Inc shipping to Ireland.I received an email today looking for an extra tenner for additional logistic costs.I sent an email looking for clarification .It will kill me to pay this principle wise, that said the quoted shipping price was only a fiver so 15 is still reasonable. I would love to tell them to stick it (the stubborn f***** that I am) but it's a brilliant deal . So should I cut off my nose to spite my face or shut up and pay the extra.Any advise on rights etc
    Register with parcel motel and just pay uk postage costs !

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by camnhoj
    Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    Register with parcel motel and just pay uk postage costs !
    Was thinking of doin something like that, but a lot of hard work trying to organise flexibility isn't the way these sites work, probably cost a fortune in calls etc etc etc like Ryan Air cheap for a reason.I think shut up an pay up is the order of the day

BMWHaus Contributor

It happens all the time and il hands up admit that I have made errors with shipping costs to the UK and had to go back to customers looking for more money to cover it, I don't think there was any badness intended.To be fair 5 quid is stupidly cheap for intl shipping. If it were me id pay them and move on.

BMWHaus Contributor

consumer advise/rant

As above I'd just pay for handiness

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks for putting us straight, paid the tenner just have to wait the extra few days now to get it