Thread: Non-BMW help required.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Non-BMW help required.

My brother in law has a 97 Megane but there's a problem with the Immobiliser. It won't unlock remotely and thus won't start. He has been using the bypass code which is a pain in the tits.

Anyone any experience with these? The key seems to be ok just wondering is there an easy bypass or something.
    Might try another IR reciever if I can pick one up cheap.

I'd love to get it sorted for him as it's a grand little runaround just let down by this fault.

RE: Non-BMW help required.

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    My brother in law has a 97 Megane but there's a problem with the Immobiliser. It won't unlock remotely and thus won't start. He has been using the bypass code which is a pain in the tits.

Anyone any experience with these? The key seems to be ok just wondering is there an easy bypass or something.
    I'd love to get it sorted for him as it's a grand little runaround just let down by this fault.
    Oh dear God, the dreaded Renault disease which I had the unfortunate pleasure of having for many years before a lot of counselling got me out of that and into BM's.
    Solution - move it on, or fix this and then move it on.
    (if he manages to fix this issue, the next problem is only around the corner)

Quote Originally Posted by BMW520D
    Quote Originally Posted by John_D

Oh dear God, the dreaded Renault disease which I had the unfortunate pleasure of having for many years before a lot of counselling got me out of that and into BM's.
    Solution - move it on, or fix this and then move it on.
    (if he manages to fix this issue, the next problem is only around the corner)

ya seen this before with a neighbours senic and didn't find out if he did a proper fix, probably would not pay to fix(if costing more than 100 euro to fix its not worth it)

only nice Renaults are the 19 16 valve or 21 turbo. the rest are scrap

BMWHaus Contributor

Have you tried replacing the key battery?? If that doesn't work you can manually re-configure the key fob by holding down the central locking button and clicking the fob button a few times, I've done it before in work, saves a lot of hassle/time/money

Sent from my magical talkie device

BMWHaus Contributor

like the above said if it costs more than 100 don't bother,ive had the misfortune of buying a Renault because it had cheap tax and thought it would save a few euro a few years ago,had the car a week and hated the fucking heap of shite,had fresh nct and all drove ok except for loosing power after about 10 miles,usual Renault faults,brought it to a garage to trade it in as the week was long enough to own the heap,please don't let him spend hard earned cash on a car probably worth 200 euro,there is always better options than French.
    you can tell how much I hate these cars from above .