Thread: E39 parts

BMWHaus Contributor

E39 parts

Wanted the drop links and the bracket for both sides as in pic,has to be from msport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: E39 parts

Droplinks are under 20e each for good ones lemforder ,febi trw etc look on micksgarage free delivery too

BMWHaus Guru

E39 parts

Why are you changing the bracket?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E39 parts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    one broke in half,

BMWHaus Contributor

E39 parts

All sorted,ordered of super4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    one broke in half,
    Hi
    What were symptoms, I have a slight crashing feel from steering ,rods have perished rubber so looking to change them .did you have lift Car or remove wheel to find the cracked bracket.
    Cheers

BMWHaus Contributor

one broke in half,
    Hi
    What were symptoms, I have a slight crashing feel from steering ,rods have perished rubber so looking to change them .did you have lift Car or remove wheel to find the cracked bracket.
    Cheers

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    one broke in half,
    Hi
    Cheers
    my trouble started about a week before xmas,spring just broke while car wasn't moving,big bang and it dropped few inches,spring broke in middle,anyway as it was close to xmas I couldn't get original msport spring so locally there was a 528 msport for parts so bought the shock and spring,put that in and instantly looked like it was higher,didnt feel great either,little weird at times,anyway today my suspension arrived so went to replace with proper m sport shocks and springs and seen that bracket was done when wheel removed.,compareing the replacement shock with the msport I got today theres a few differences,mainly the height and the angle on the top mount,msport ones are level and others seem to be at a small angle,thats why it broke the bracket I think.worth replaceing,got 2 new droplinks and 2 new brackets from cab at super4 for less than 80 euro delivered.my car is a 14 years old so better to replace both sides when one fails.while waiting for the parts I can give it a good check over as nct is in couple of months.
    the last tie I changed the shock I checked online and it said to take off the brakes and split balljoints but I done it today without doing this,way easier,better to replace when worn than wait for it to fail and be off the road waiting for parts.and yes I had a bit of a crashing noise before the spring went and garage couldn't find anything,said I was being picky,i now reckon the spring must be weakened and bent in middle and that's why there was slight crashing noise.

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks for info my yoke is the same age ,noticed lately that slight crashing sound, told to check droplinks from the lads here :wink:and sure enough rubbers were perished. I must give good root around to make sure there is nothing more serious going on (I still think everything is original with no new parts). Hopefully you will be all good when you get your bits fitted.